New build in Northern VA

Is this anything to be concerned about? The rebar is poking through the peg board. It is the only place it happened.

Also, thank you for the mosquito alert. I threw some dunks in there today. View attachment 144343
Not a big deal in my mind. The fix is easy though. Cut it back into the gunite, then patch the divot.

Hey, can you give some commentary to @Angiepriss here? Feel free to do it by private message if you don't want to talk dollars about your pool on the forum. She's in you town.

I think we decided on the Primera Stone Starfall. We ditched the idea of completely tiling the spa and sun shelf, so hopefully the added cost of Primera Stone will be the same or less than that. My hubby REALLY does not want to put the tile strip on the steps or sun shelf. I am trying to convince him it is a safety issue, especially with the dark pool surface. I guess we will find out who is more stubborn.

Is the heater sitting on the ground? It should not be!

What kind of structure are you thinking of putting up around the equipment? You want to be able to walk around all of the equipment to help you service it as well as it being high enough to stand up in and removing the lid of the filter.

Is the heater sitting on the ground? It should not be!

What kind of structure are you thinking of putting up around the equipment? You want to be able to walk around all of the equipment to help you service it as well as it being high enough to stand up in and removing the lid of the filter.

The heater is sitting on a pre-fab pad that is really too small for it, but it is not touching the ground. We are planning on putting a horizontal slat fence with a lid and gate...sorta like this....

Attachments

• PoolScreen.jpg
    PoolScreen.jpg
    268.3 KB · Views: 25

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Oh I like that cover up for it. Good venting and looks pretty too.

So here is what I would do..............ask the PB to get a bigger pad for everything! Now he can move it all and pour it or he can get some more stepping stone type things and put them all around what it already there. I would also see about putting some kind of light by it. You will thank me the first time you have to got out there at dark time.

Who did your fence?
All American Fences. Owner is Nino who does the estimates. Then they put you on a schedule a few weeks later with a few days’ notice. The crews are really nice. I found them because my homebuilder used them for the vinyl privacy fence. Not perfect but reasonable and professional. I did the staining myself to save some $$. It was a surprising amount of work....

Reactions: GoldMomVA
So, I called Wet Edge directly, and they said that the small black pebbles that they use in many of their Primera Stone finishes is not getting shipped from their source due to the restrictions. They have no idea when they will become available. Our PB spoke with his installer, and he said the closest color he can do is called Nightfall (instead of Starfall). There is no record of that color on the Wet Edge site, and I couldn’t find any other info online for it.
We had picked out our tile after ordering MANY samples online. We placed our order, and then was notified that they only had 8 sheets of the tile we wanted. Argh. So, we chose a similar one, but now it seems like we also will not be getting the Primera Stone we wanted.

• Sad
Reactions: kimkats
Aww, sorry. Sounds like me with my wall block, I picked something months before installation then when time came there was none in stock anywhere. Then picked another that was supposedly in stock. Nope. Techobloc shuts down for the winter, if they run out they run out. But I ended up with one I really like. On my last pool the PB plastered it the wrong color, and then fought me until I found an email. It still looked good and I got a lot of money back. These things have a way of working out. Good luck.

I found out that the reason they continued the Nightfall Primera Stone is that there were some problems with rust staining. She said that it did not happen to all installations, but enough to have them change the mix. Any advice on how to proceed? She did say that the new color will probably arrive around July 1, then probably another week after that to arrive in Maryland.

No help for you as this is such a personal decision. I am glad they took a problem one out though. Good luck and let us know what you decide.
I called Wet Edge again last week. The website still says late June, but now she says it is looking like the second week in July....which would be next week. We are a little delayed on other pool construction issues, so hopefully the timing will work for the new Primera Stone Starfall color!

My hubby is currently kicking himself over the sun shelf. It is only going to be 3” deep, and I guess he was thinking more like 8” to 12”. Probably no way to change that now, right? So I have been trying to find chaise lounges that rest right at ground level so that his butt can be in the water. Not having any luck, though.

About how much space should we leave around the pool equipment inside the fence?

Tile is picked out and sitting in our garage. The walls for our pool house foundation are going to be placed on 7/14, then retaining wall and pool deck are next. Here is the current picture.
image.jpg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.