New Build in New Braunfels, TX. Construction began 9/27/19.

My light switch is in the pool house right by the pool. It is by the steps leading to the pool.

What a wonderful sound that had to be............hearing the trucks drive up!! It is time for your own set of links!

The first set is about how to get a good plaster job. The second set is about how to care for you pool:

Plaster links:
Ten Guidelines for Quality Pool Plaster Best one of all
All Plaster Finishes Should Last 20 Years
Not All Color Pigments are Good for Pools How to pick a good color for plaster.
A Plastering 'Watch List' | Professional Watershaping | Watershapes
Trouble Free Pool
Trouble Free Pool

Pool care links:
Print these out:
Pool School - Basic Pool Care Schedule
Pool School - Recommended Levels

Bookmark these:
Pool School - Recommended Pool Chemicals
Trouble Free Pool
Pool School - ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry

Now is also a good time to ask your PB what test kit they provide. Let us know so we can fill in an holes.

Kim:kim:

My light switch is in the pool house right by the pool. It is by the steps leading to the pool.

What a wonderful sound that had to be............hearing the trucks drive up!! It is time for your own set of links!

The first set is about how to get a good plaster job. The second set is about how to care for you pool:

Plaster links:
Ten Guidelines for Quality Pool Plaster Best one of all
All Plaster Finishes Should Last 20 Years
Not All Color Pigments are Good for Pools How to pick a good color for plaster.
A Plastering 'Watch List' | Professional Watershaping | Watershapes
Trouble Free Pool
Trouble Free Pool

Pool care links:
Print these out:
Pool School - Basic Pool Care Schedule
Pool School - Recommended Levels

Bookmark these:
Pool School - Recommended Pool Chemicals
Trouble Free Pool
Pool School - ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry

Now is also a good time to ask your PB what test kit they provide. Let us know so we can fill in an holes.

Kim:kim:
Thanks Kim! I had a work meeting this morning and missed most of it, but it was definitely a site!

Our builder actually said the same thing about a robot cleaner. You are right about salt water, no builder we talked to would consider it and if they did, they'd void all warranties with the pool. Thanks for the suggestion and the link!

I think they all say that. Proof is in the pudding when you tell them, “I will only buy salt and expect warranty on everything except perhaps decking”. You’d be surprised how many become unallergic to salt.

Ready for more concrete! We added some steps and a landing to the design yesterday. The original plan was for the patio to extend the length of the house with a six inch step down. It doesn't look like they formed it that way and it's made me question whether or not to have them make the correction. We plan to add an exterior door off the master for our next project. Thoughts?

Attachments

• 20191022_190408.jpg
    20191022_190408.jpg
    373 KB · Views: 65
  • 20191022_190434.jpg
    20191022_190434.jpg
    499.5 KB · Views: 64
  • 20191022_190207.jpg
    20191022_190207.jpg
    568.5 KB · Views: 66
  • 20191022_190246.jpg
    20191022_190246.jpg
    498.1 KB · Views: 66
There should be "chairs" under all of the steel. They are little things that lift up the steel so it is in the middle of the concrete.

How??will they stop the concrete from going into the pool?????

How high is the forms? That is how high the concrete could be.

I would NOT allow them to do anything else until you have a meeting with the PB and formers.

How??will they stop the concrete from going into the pool?????
The coping is cantilevered concrete, so they are pouring the coping with the decking. I think that tile is going in next, then the coping and decking, so they likely still have some work to do, but my husband is contacting the PB today to discuss. They definitely didn't frame it per plan.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
There should probably be a sand base under that re-bar for the deck
Thanks. We're discussing with PB today and I'll bring this up. I probably posted pics before they were done with this portion of the job. My biggest compliant of this build is knowing what they are doing when. Even when we get a schedule from the PB, crews show up early and work is done before we know it.

@kimkats quick text reply from the PB admin: "It will be litmus strips with the chemicals we use. It will be provided in pool school." Should I just get the TF-100 now? Admittedly, I have done very little research on this to date.
I would get it now and test your fill water. It is the best test kit for TFP.

Base looks good with modified stone and they left a bond beam at the outer form for strength. I'm hoping they compacted the stone base before rebar. It's ok to have the bar on the stone as long as they use they're pullers to hook and lift the bar. Chairs are nice but they get stepped on while pouring and it's really the workers who make sure it's the 2/3rd depth. No more than halfway up with rebar

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.