New build in Florida

Sarducci

Feb 2, 2019
Northeast Florida
Great forum, glad I found it. In the process now of selecting a pool builder. Two of which are second generation family companys, the third a large national company. Each within a couple thousand of one another. Family company using mostly pentair equipment, salt chlorine generation, national co using ozone/uv combo and hayward pump.

Welcome to TFP.

From what you described family company usng Pentair products wins for me.

Pool company trying to sell ozone/UV systems for an outdoor pool is a major red flag. You don’t need them and all they do is lighten your wallet. If that company is proposing that I worry about what else they will do that is not in your best interests.

To expand on why you *don't* want to buy a UV/Ozone system-

You're in Florida for pete'sake! You get *plenty* of free UV from the sun.....right?? And ozone does little to nothing for an outdoor pool. You still would need to augment with chlorine....so why bother with buying that system??? Just go for chlorine at the onset.

Salt Water Chlorine Generators (SWG) work a charm! Ask about them. You won't regret it.

Maddie :flower:

I appreciate all the feedback. That’s good to hear about the lack of need/function of ozone and uv for an outdoor pool. We’re in north east Fl. I want to keep the chlorine level as low as possible, not for me but my child has very sensitive skin.

S,

Chlorine is your friend and has nothing to do with sensitive skin..

I too suggest that you go with the Saltwater pool.. Keep in mind that saltwater pool is a Chlorine pool.. It just makes its own chlorine using the saltwater in the pool.. In most pools, when you get out you want to take a shower... With a saltwater pool when you get out it feels like you just took a shower.

If you follow the TFP pool care process, your pool will be sanitized, clear, and not smell like a public pool.

Go salt or go home... :)

Thanks for posting,

Jim R.

Reactions: Sarducci
This is the equipment being used for this build. Any concerns? Approx 9500 gallon pool.
Pentair intelliflo variable speed,
Pentair PLM 200 cartridge filter,
Pentair glow bright led,
Petair ic/40 SCG generator
A&A quick fresh recirculating system w/ floor heads.

Any input on depth of pools? Thinking 3.5ft to 5/5.5 ft. I imagine it’s really just preference but would appreciate any info

This is the equipment being used for this build. Any concerns? Approx 9500 gallon pool.
Pentair intelliflo variable speed,
Pentair PLM 200 cartridge filter,
Pentair glow bright led,
Petair ic/40 SCG generator
A&A quick fresh recirculating system w/ floor heads.

Get the model number of the Intelliflo pump.

Get the model number of the LED lights. Some Pentair LED lights don’t last a long time. Not sure if there is a better alternative.

S,

I see zero reasons to get the "A&A quick fresh recirculating system w/ floor heads. " other than to make your pool more expensive and making the plumbing more complex for any repairs or troubleshooting later on in life..

What was the selling point for this system... :scratch:

Circulation is rarely a problem for normal residential pool..

Thanks,

Jim R.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
FLORIDA in the house!!! Your child's skim could get better than it has ever been before having a pool maintained the TFP way! We have seen it many times. @cowboycasey is a good example of this.

You will want to get your own test kit so you can maintain your water on a daily bases. The pH and TA are going to be very important for your new plaster and your child's skin.

We can/will teach you how to care for your pool so it is truly Trouble Free!

Kim:kim:

S,

I see zero reasons to get the "A&A quick fresh recirculating system w/ floor heads. " other than to make your pool more expensive and making the plumbing more complex for any repairs or troubleshooting later on in life..

What was the selling point for this system... :scratch:

Circulation is rarely a problem for normal residential pool..

Thanks,

Jim R.

I agree with Jim here. We are in the process of our new build and I knew from the get-go that we didn't want the floor cleaning system.

My gut/instant reactions were:

-What the heck do you do if there is a plumbing issue, this stuff is under the pool!

Unless you're completely set on having it, reconsider. If you really want it, then order up.

My gut/instant reactions were:

-What the heck do you do if there is a plumbing issue, this stuff is under the pool!

Not that I like the AA system but all of the moving parts that need to be serviced are accessible in the water or at the pool pad.

The in floor system does not work any better then a less expensive and well designed in wall skimmer/return system

Last edited:
If I recall correctly the selling point for the in floor heads was for cleaning purposes, it pushes debris towards the drain. Only brushing is necessary. Your right, they’re Fully replaceable from in the pool. I agree about the additional plumbing concern. I Will see about removing them from the build. I’d rather put that $ into something more necessary or noticeable. Does anyone here have the in floor system. Do you notice less cleaning, or like mentioned above is it the same as wall jets and skimmers do?

S,

I have a robot cleaner, which does not use my pool pump to clean the pool. A robot does not store the dirt in your pool filter...

In-floor cleaning systems are kind of like using an old black rotary-dial telephone instead of using a cell phone. They made some sense when the only other way to clean your pool was to use a suction or pressure side cleaner.. Once robot cleaners came on the market, in my mind, in-floor systems have become obsolete. Why would you want to run your pool pump at a high RPM for several hours a day, just to clean 'some' of your pool..

The main thing they do is move money from your pocket into your pool builders pocket.

I guess you can tell I am not a fan.. :)

The simpler your pool is the easier it is to troubleshoot and repair later on.

Thanks,

Jim R.

The floor thingies are more common out west it seems where they get a LOT of dry dust blowing around. Perhaps in that unusual area they do serve more of a purpose?

Many folks come here and say they don't work as advertised or are broken and out of service.

I'm pretty sure a good robot at <$1k will save you money possibly upfront as well as in the long run.....and do a far better job of both cleaning AND brushing your walls!! Winner! Winner! Chicken Dinner! :laughblue:

Maddie :flower:

Reactions: galowbraw
S,

I just noticed that you don't seem to have an automation system.. I "assumed" that since you are getting the IntelliFlo pump and the IC40 SWCG, that you were also getting the automation system that controls them...

Did it just left off your list???

Jim R.

Jim, I appreciate the attention to detail. Yes they have included the Pentair easytouch pool and spa control system. Told me about the screen logic interface for mobile but said definitely not necessary. Intellibright 5g underwater led lights. Any thoughts on the difference between the superflo variable speed vs the intelliflo pump. About a 10k gallon pool. Gulf Stream heat pump and a Polaris cleaning unit included with the build.

If you are getting the ET you want the Intelliflo. I dont belive the SuperFlow communicates with the ET.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.