New Build in DFW- Need input

RCCola6

Jul 16, 2020
Celina, TX
Hi all - Ive found this foum extremely helpful as Ive educated myself about pool building. Ive gotten good enough that as I walk around my neighbourhood - where everyone is building a pool - that I can identify the types of coping, decking, even colors! I wanted to share two of the quotes Ive received so far. There is a dramatic difference in price because one builder assumes that we will need 16 helical piers, because I have a 10 foot retaining wall at the back of my property line that is the retaining wall for the property below us as well. The other PB does not include that. These pics are for the $74k pool (without piers) - its 11X32. Canate_011.jpgCanate_005.jpgCanate_006.jpgCanate, Rebecca_001.jpgCanate_001.jpg
These pics go with the more expensive design because of the piers. This pool is 12X36. Canate_003.jpgCanate, Rebecca_011.jpgCanate, Rebecca_013.jpg Right now there is a Badu Swim Jet included but we arent so sure. Very open to input!

Attachments

• Canate, Rebecca SPECS (1).pdf
    136.4 KB · Views: 33
  • Canate Bid (1) (2).pdf
    1.8 MB · Views: 19
Last edited:
If it were me I would hire an independent engineer...maybe 600-1k and have the entire plan looked at before I paid 10k for piers. I think someone here also did that recently and suggested a name at one point. 2nd for a pool in DFW that quote seems pretty high with no spa. I know quite a few people building up here that are paying that with a spa...so I would definitely shop around. I know pool builders are overrun right now with business so they may not be dealing that much due to covid. Good luck! I really like that sun shelf design.

Please remove the PDFs that have your address on there as this is a public forum :) You can screenshot and attach if you want the quote.

That said, these quotes do seem high as they don't include a spa. Definitely hire an engineer to assess first.

Please remove the PDFs that have your address on there as this is a public forum :) You can screenshot and attach if you want the quote.

That said, these quotes do seem high as they don't include a spa. Definitely hire an engineer to assess first.
Thank you made those updates!! I agree the quotes are high, but in our neighbourhood people have said on average they have paid $65k-90k with decking area. So trying to find out what's reasonable.

Rebecca,

We just had a thread about a pool built on the edge of a retaining wall that is now falling into the neighbor's yard.. :rolleyes:

I too would want an independent report on if piers are needed or not.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Do you know where that thread is so I can read their experience? Ive searched but not been able to find a lot of info on piers.

I believe this is the thread to which Jim is referring ....

I believe this is the thread to which Jim is referring ....

Thank you!

Reactions: Stoopalini
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.