New build in Arizona

What I love about the pool: Baja step, 2 benches in deep end, water feature for kids to jump off, deep end, travertine decking, 2 multi-color pool lights.

Regrets: 1) Would like darker travertine. We chose travertine from pool company. Should have gone to a tile store, with more selection, brought travertine pieces home, and placed in backyard to see what looks best. (Also, this light travertine color is bright in the sunlight.) Choosing our own travertine contractor, instead of paying pool builder, would probably have been less expensive. 2) Should be a larger shallow end, including a long bench, connected to Baja step.

I realize I can’t dwell on this. What's done is done. Kids will enjoy pool, and likely nobody else will notice my complaints.

Something to think about: we have the in-floor cleaning system...so there are holes all over the bottom of pool, and steps. Pool company is coming this week to place grey caps on the holes...it might be an eyesore for some of you out there. I'm still not sure about it. Pool builder didn't mention that when we signed up for it...

Katie, you'll be loving that lighter travertine come summer. Trust me. Once it weathers a bit it won't be bright. Silver and linen travertine can get bright, but yours looks like a light noche which will be fine in the sun. SMILE it's gorgeous!

We have travertine and love it. We went to an outdoor showroom of several travertine colors. In the hot July sun, there was a noticeable difference on the bare feet between the light and darker travertines. We went with a light noche mixed with classic (very light) colors. It is great around the pool when the sun is scorching. It does get warm on the hottest of days but not sizzling hopping hot. And it's amazing how quickly it cools off when shade hits it. Our concrete driveway stays hot in the shade.

I waited to seal ours to decide if I wanted an enhancer or not. The test for that is to see how you like the travertine wet. Water brings out the patterns and colors. We just sealed and enhanced it ourselves. We love it. It's a shade darker - hoping it won't be noticeably hotter. Sealing it was far easier than I expected.

I really think you'll grow to love it! I hope so. Your pool looks fabulous! We also have a deep end and love it! I can't wait to see it with water!
Take care,
Suz

Katie, you'll be loving that lighter travertine come summer. Trust me. Once it weathers a bit it won't be bright. Silver and linen travertine can get bright, but yours looks like a light noche which will be fine in the sun. SMILE it's gorgeous!

So, I'm assuming you don't think the travertine is slippery?? That is really my only concern.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Hmmmm - do you have SWG? What color is yours & would you do the same color again? Silver seems to be the rage right now!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Silver is beautiful but it can be bright in the Az sun. I have a SWG. The travertine I have is called Noche, but it seems to be a lighter blend. My PB doesn't use Mexican travertine as he claims it is a softer stone.

It looks amazing! Love it. My cousin has the in-floor cleaning system and loves it, I think it will be great. I didn't even notice the 'holes' when I saw their pool, so no, not an eyesore. Our Polaris on the other hand...lol

Beautiful pool :) I have an A&A in-floor cleaning system in Arizona as well. I LOVE it, makes pool maintenance a breeze. I never have to sweep except for the odd spot every few months that gathers heavier debris that can't get pushed to the drain. No one cares about the pop ups either, as they stay down and flat while people swim. A lot of people say not to go in floor cleaning, but I think it can work depending on your circumstances. Living in a climate with only very light debris and some dust is much easier for the system to work in vs a place with heavy leaf downfall and freezing temps. My 2 cents! Grats on the pool!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.