New Build - Houston, TX (Heights) - Finished Build!

Finally got home from our trip this last Tuesday night, so this week the LED's for the sheer's were hooked up, equipment was started up (had an issue with removing the plugs on the skimmers, but was resolved), gas hooked up to the meter. I started with some pool chemistry this week as well...still more work to do, but at least we "got in the water" and enjoyed it...the smile says it all!! Pool Use 1st time.jpgPool Use - Night.jpgPool Use - Happy.jpg

Last edited:
Now that is a finished yard right there!!!

Do you mow your own grass? I sure hope so as a lawn guy is not going to use care to keep the clippings out of the pool like you would. I also hope you have a edger and know how to use it LOL

Now that is a finished yard right there!!!

Do you mow your own grass? I sure hope so as a lawn guy is not going to use care to keep the clippings out of the pool like you would. I also hope you have a edger and know how to use it LOL
Thankfully I won't have to worry about any grass! Phase 2 will be tile pavers, synthetic turf and pergola! Prior to the pool, yes, I mowed my own grass and am well versed in using a trimmer!!

Reactions: kimkats
What type of trees are they behind the pool. I’ve been looking for thin bare trunk trees like this.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
This looks great... and judging by the timing of when you started, you probably got it done for $15k less than if you started just a couple months later... (based on what PBs are telling me when I ask about something looking like this, but maybe 6' wider.)

I'm jelly.

Original Post was under water chemistry...sorry!
Finally got started on my other outdoor items last week, most of the Pergola is up, just some trim and the TV cabinet to go in, then staining...lot's of staining. We did the 2x2's by hand....I will be spraying the rest!! We have been using the pool a lot and I sort of got the chemistry thing figured out. Got an actuator installed so I can control the sheers and bubblers via the ET8/Screen Logic, it is maxed out now at 9 functions (used the solar for the last actuator). Pergola1.jpgPergola2.jpgPergola3.jpg

Pergola roof installed (clear polycarbonate sheets), lights at pergola installed, TV Cabinet and 70" TV installed, Turf was installed yesterday (11/19) they are almost finished, diamond vine wire and vines (1 jasmine and 1 ragoon) planted. Awaiting paver install (under the pergola, hopefully next week....but I'm not holding my breath and ceiling fan at the pergola. Contract signed Nov 24th, 2020, this has been a lesson in patience! Turf1.jpgTurf2.jpgTurf3.jpgTurf4.jpgVine1.jpgVine2.jpg

Eagleston Holly's I hope they work out!
I would strongly recommend spacing out your Eagleston Holly trees. When mature, they will be around 20' high and 14' wide.

Here's my Eaglestons planted 15' apart:

full

Eagleston holly is also available in a bush form, which might be more suitable for your yard.

Reactions: jjbradley
Finished...well nearly, rain gutter scheduled for next week, this spring will be planting more flowers and shrubs, need to get an umbrella and the in water loungers (color suggesting for the umbrella and loungers welcome!) string lights need to be installed and just more decorating items as well. Outdoor dining set still needs to be selected. It has been a very long journey, but we couldn't be happier, my wife and I had diner outside and we just sat there and couldn't believe it was our house! The Architect stopped by this week to check out the project and I got completed on the clarity of our water...Pool Math App for the win! Thanks for everyones advice and support and good luck to all the ongoing builds....you will finish...eventually! Finished 17DEC21-06.jpgFinished 17DEC21-02.jpgFinished 17DEC21-05.jpgFinished 17DEC21-07.jpgFinished 17DEC21-04.jpgFinished 17DEC21-01.jpgFinished 17DEC21-03.jpg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.