New build, digging starts today. Measuring?

Amoney

Jul 17, 2020
Matthews, NC
Hi, everyone!
Excited to finally have our IG pool project start today! We have double checked all the measurements sprayed on the ground and they are all within a few inches variance of the plan. Once dug, what measurements are we needing to take? I feel like I’ve read to measure once rebar is in, can someone tell me what allowances we need to be adding for Gunite, etc. to make sure our final product is accurate? Thanks for all the help in this process!

I lost about 7-8 inches on every side to gunite and plaster. Hopefully the marking is 1ft to 1.5ft larger than what you actually want.

They added 1’ around the entire perimeter of the pool so I’m assuming we should be good at this point. I will ask about our contractor about the Gunite as I don’t think the thickness is stated in our contract. Thanks everyone!

VERY important question! Well done! Add about 8" to each side (total of about 16" side to side. Water depth (from bottom of the pool to the middle of the skimmer/waterline tile add about 8" from bottom to the middle of the skimmer opening.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.