New build - Dallas (Prosper) - Decking stonework done

I’ve given up on eta’s. We need a bench added to pool and originally gunite would complete the “shell” of the kitchen area. PB says masons will form the kitchen. Apparently we have 2-3 weeks of mason work between tile, coping, kitchen and decking. It should all occur together. I doubt this. At this point my request, right or wrong, is to finish mason work and get plaster going and pool filled before kitchen structure is completed.

More progress. My time lapse was down for about a month without me knowing. However, you only missed the kitchen build. It's been 299 days since we signed the contract and 203 days since dig day. It's been 337 days since we approved design and were ready to sign the contract.

Last edited:
Reactions: HermanTX
The amount of work that has been done and redone over the last 2 months is insane and continues to persist. The fire pit coping is not square. The stairs were laughable with steps that ranged from 8" in depth to 12". I'm pretty certain this all stems back to an excavation crew that just wasn't good. The forms were jacked and the gunite crew did what they could to fix. From what I can see we can get the coping to hide many of the mistakes but it is super disappointing to have this much money in a project and have some of these results.

The kitchen had to be redesigned on the fly. The equipment didn't "fit" even though I had given the design every spec and he built it all out. I'm not "happy" with the changes but it will work.

And there is nothing like having 6' tall weeds in the backyard as a constant kick to the pants. I keep thinking they will get the decking crew in to at least clean up but that won't happen until coping is done.

The most exciting thing to occur is the roof structure is going up. It's great to see the scale of it.

Attachments

• 64790629522__7C7849FB-32A3-4032-8E09-0E619F7DEDBF.fullsizerender.jpg
    64790629522__7C7849FB-32A3-4032-8E09-0E619F7DEDBF.fullsizerender.jpg
    577.3 KB · Views: 87
  • IMG_3660.jpg
    IMG_3660.jpg
    800.9 KB · Views: 84
  • IMG_3828.jpg
    IMG_3828.jpg
    639.9 KB · Views: 85
  • IMG_3829.jpg
    IMG_3829.jpg
    649.1 KB · Views: 84
  • IMG_3831.jpg
    IMG_3831.jpg
    602 KB · Views: 85
  • IMG_3840.jpg
    IMG_3840.jpg
    834 KB · Views: 85
  • IMG_3841.jpg
    IMG_3841.jpg
    707 KB · Views: 86
  • Love
Reactions: BigPapaSmurf

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
It's been 337 days since we approved design and were ready to sign the contract.
And I thought we had a long wait. Our project is pretty small, especially compared to yours, as we’re just tearing out our existing uncovered kitchen and bar area and rebuilding it with a small, shed-style cover. We signed the contract back in April and had our pre-construction meeting yesterday. Of course, our sales rep showed up with the wrong plans, which we had changed months ago, meaning the project manager had been prepped with lots of incorrect info. When we signed the contract, we were told it would be a 2-3 week project, once the work actually started. Now we’re being told that it will take 3-4 months. Our original pool and kitchen build only took about 6 months and was delayed due to a very wet winter and spring that year. Times have changed!

We are 8 days from the 1 year anniversary of our dig. 453 days since we signed our contract. We've had so much rebuilt including the wall hiding the pool equipment. The decking crew made progress and is "done" as of today. I still see plenty that needs to be fixed but this is progress.

Final grade was supposed to occur today but PM says tomorrow they will be here.

Still waiting on structure crew to come out to weld supports for fan (in design but not in plans), then we will have electricians back out to finish kitchen. Still waiting on bar top for pool bar. There are lots of things I don't think look right. At this point we may just have to live with some things. I don't know.

I'm exhausted by this process. Some videos

Wow, that is quite the build. Hopefully, they will be done soon. You can at least ice skate on your deep end later this week.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.