New Build but No Concrete Yet

tracy0074

Jun 29, 2020
MA
Hi Everyone,

I have been stalking TFP for years and we are finally beginning a new build in about 2 weeks (vinyl liner). My question: What happens if we don't pour concrete til the spring? How bad will that be for a brand new inground pool?

I've had 2 concrete companies leave me high and dry, so I am panicking about not having concrete poured before the pool is closed for the winter. We have digging beginning in about 2 weeks, a fence going in in October, but no concrete company yet.

Thanks for any insight/advice!

Whoa! Tracy!! It will be fine! Actually, other than the mess it could be better sometimes than doing it right away. It gives the ground a chance to settle and that helps make for a nice deck once done. I'm assuming the deck area will be laid out.

Welcome out of lurkdom :laughblue:

Maddie :flower:

Reactions: tracy0074
Whoa! Tracy!! It will be fine! Actually, other than the mess it could be better sometimes than doing it right away. It gives the ground a chance to settle and that helps make for a nice deck once done. I'm assuming the deck area will be laid out.

Welcome out of lurkdom :laughblue:

Maddie :flower:
Thanks Maddie! The thought of a NE winter with no concrete had me in a panic. Thanks for the response and the welcome. :)

I am in RI and the pool build started last fall up to the gunite stage. I was left with a big hole collecting water until May and no deck area:) The rest of the job, including concrete pavers, was done with no issues in the Spring/early summer. I even had some people recommend waiting to do the deck to allow for settling, like Yipeeskip said. I think you'll be fine and you'll have more time to really decide what you want

Reactions: tracy0074
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.