New Build - Austin, Texas - Slide Video

Wow, that looks great. The spa/slide combo looks fantastic. What a way to incorporate a slide without a huge rock waterfall and give some privacy to the spa. We like having our spa at the back of our pool as well so you look back across your pool at the house although you do have a nice green belt view.

what kind of lighting is that along the house? Are those permanent LED? I’ve been thinking about doing the same.
Thanks! We are happy with how it turned out. One added benefit that we didn't think of at the time is that the slide enclosure is good at blocking wind as well.

The soffit light on the house are Gemstone Lights (Gemstone Lights: A Smart Exterior Lighting Solution | Outdoor LED Lights). We have really enjoyed them so far. They are permanently installed, full color range, individually addressable LEDs. They also can do animations and are fully customizable. I wasn't expecting it, but on full brightness they can actually light up the whole deck to provide adequate lighting by themselves (but you can still adjust the brightness to whatever level you want if it is too bright for you). I highly recommend them! We ended up doing the whole house so that we dont have to bother with putting Christmas lights up any more.

Would like to see a video of the first kid (child or adult) to go down that slide!!!! Looks fantastic.

Sorry for the delay! Here is the video of the first ride down the slide, into the very cold 63 degree water (not that he cared).

I have gotten the SWCG up and running and definitely appreciate the luxury it provides. Still figuring out the rest of the pool chemicals and balancing, but placing my trust on the Pool Math app and it seems to be going pretty well so far.

PB actually sent some subs to my house today to work on some of the punch list, so that was a welcome surprise. Ready to get the rest of the backyard back in order (sprinklers, sod, re-configuring my robot lawnmower) and get the project fully completed!

There’s such a thing as a robot lawnmower 😱? I will have to tell my husband.
My son has also been swimming in the very cold water and doesn’t even seem phased. I’m happy in the hot tub 😊. I’m jealous of your slide.

There’s such a thing as a robot lawnmower 😱? I will have to tell my husband.
My son has also been swimming in the very cold water and doesn’t even seem phased. I’m happy in the hot tub 😊. I’m jealous of your slide.

We love our robot lawnmower! It is great, I highly recommend it. You run it frequently and it keeps your grass healthy because it only cuts off a tiny piece of grass each time, instead of mowing every week or 2 and taking off a much larger percentage of each blade of grass each time that you cut it. It is also very quiet because it is electric, so you can even run it at night in the dark if you wanted to. It essentially behaves like a Roomba where you set it to a schedule that you want, then it just does its own thing and goes back home to charge itself when it needs to and you just don't worry about it any more.

We have the Husqvarna Automower and have been very happy with it.

Reactions: Nikilyn
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.