New and so happy to have a support group!

Latx

Aug 22, 2021
Austin tx
I have wanted a pool for a long time but my husband said it was too much work. I finally convinced him that I should have one and I’m determined to do all the work!

I feel like the pool has become my new pet that I must feed an exercise and worry over! But I love it! I thank you all in advance for the wonderful information you share on this website.

Newdude

Gold Supporter
TFP Guide
Jun 16, 2019
NY
Hey Latx and Welcome !!! My wife wanted an above ground oval pool and I was dead set against it from all the headaches I’d heard from many friends. the fancy ovals were WAY more than I thought they were worth by the time we decked and fenced it, so we compromised with a 20X40 in ground pool. Which needed a $6k fence and a $15k patio. I won the battle but epically lost the war. 🤦‍♂️

Anywho to my delight, pool care was nothing like alllllllllllll my friends made it out to be. In fact it was boring and I was thrilled when I had something to tweak once a month. I randomly chose to keep my FC up at all times because it seemed like a smart idea and I never had one problem. Best non informed decision of my life.

setsailsoon

Gold Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
TFP Guide
Oct 25, 2015
Palm City/FL
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type