New And Need Help!

Telewis

Jun 18, 2019
Killeen, TX
Hello - I’m so thankful I’ve found this site! We just purchased an Intex 12’x24’52” Ultra XRT frame pool, and need help getting the yard prepped. Running into trouble finding someone to come out and level the ground. If anyone has any suggestions for Bell County, Texas and who to use, we’d really appreciate it.
I contacted 2 companies who do grading on the Thumbtack app, 1 Company from Angie’s list. The first two came back as unavailable. Still waiting on the third.

Can most landscapers do this type of work, or should I stick with searching for companies who mailing do leveling/grading?

The pool will be delivered this week and I’m really anxious to get the yard ready.
I thought I’d be able to get the yard prepped by myself, but I’m pretty intimidated by all the leveling work and I want it to be done right!

Reactions: jennpleez
Welcome to TFP! Any landscaper can do this type of leveling for an Intex style pool. Also be careful to account for how the grading will allow water to flow around/away from your new pool. You don't want water flowing up to the base of the pool which can cause erosion under the legs. Also, don't opt to do a 'cut and fill' approach. Only place the pool on undisturbed soil.

Reactions: Telewis
Welcome to TFP! Any landscaper can do this type of leveling for an Intex style pool. Also be careful to account for how the grading will allow water to flow around/away from your new pool. You don't want water flowing up to the base of the pool which can cause erosion under the legs. Also, don't opt to do a 'cut and fill' approach. Only place the pool on undisturbed soil.
What do you mean by undisturbed soil? Do you advise just having them add sand to bring the ground level? I'm here searching the forum for this very information and I want to do it right. What are the best search terms for finding out a step by step process for ground prep?
I was going to have someone grade the yard to level it, but it sounds like you're advising not to do that? Thanks!

Reactions: Telewis
What do you mean by undisturbed soil? Do you advise just having them add sand to bring the ground level? I'm here searching the forum for this very information and I want to do it right. What are the best search terms for finding out a step by step process for ground prep?
I was going to have someone grade the yard to level it, but it sounds like you're advising not to do that? Thanks!

Jennpleez we’re in the same boat! I’ve been contacting landscapers and graders to make sure the ground is level. I’d just feel more comfortable knowing the yard is level and sound before I put this pool up. Everyone is pretty backed up right now because of the crazy weather we’ve been having, so I’ve only be able to secure one person to come give me an estimate. I’m going to sticking with the leveling, then sand or the insulation foam for smoothness and padding approach. From what I’ve read it sounds like you shouldn’t try to add sand to make it level, the ground should already be level before putting the sand down. Hope I’m getting that right! ? Good luck with your pool. I’ll keep you posted on how things are going with our set up.

Great suggestion regarding the water flow. I wouldn’t have thought about that. I’ll make sure to talk with the grader coming out. Thank you!

J - T mentioned it correctly. Don't build anything up. You should only go down to level. Sand should only be to provide a smooth/softer finish grading, not to level in any meaningful way (more than 1" for example).

Reactions: jennpleez

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support