New and need advice

Mar 24, 2017
MN
I found this wonderful forum site last year while researching to put up a 16' above ground intex pool. I ended up doing it all myself and learned a lot. I used the pink foam 1 inch boards taped with gorilla tape as my under base and it held up and worked great. In fact it would still after having had the elements through fall and winter on it be just fine except i didnt think of one thing. We had a bad wind storm blow through and it took my exspensive board and busted many areas. Unfortunately i could only save 2 boards and will have to buy more to replace. Because of the exspense im wondering if i would be able to do 1/2 or 3/4 inchs and just replace with all new board. I have under the board just tamped down black dirt and blocks leveled with the dirt to set the legs of the pool on after i put my foam board. It may not make a difference in the end because if the price to do all new boards of 1/2 to 3/4 vs replacing 5 1inch boards. May be the same.

Yet ill pay it all over again for the 1in if its going to make a difference as far as durability.

Does anyone know how well tape comes off boards?

So if you have used the pink board as your base and it was 1/2 or 2/3 please let me know your exsperience. One things for sure this up and coming winter will include bricks to hold them boards down.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.