Dallas, TX
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
I’m very new to this website but have learned a lot here so far! I just wanted to post the bulk of my contract (haven’t signed just yet) in hopes that someone might have some input. I’ve also tried to post the pictures to an imgur album, hopefully that is acceptable! Thanks in advance for any feedback!

Pool Measurements:
30'4" L x 17'3" W
371 sq t
Perimeter: 80
Depth: 3'6"-6'
Steel all 1/2" with 6 bars in the beam
Gunite 12" thick at beam, 8-10" minimum in body
2 skimmers, 5 looped returns, fill and overflow lines
2 color changing LED lights (1 in spa 1 in pool)
Jandy VersaPlumb energy efficient package
Pool equipment: IQ digital pump controller, VersaPlumb 340 cartridge filter, Fusion chlorine w/ Nature 2 system, variable speed ePump, Polaris 280 cleaner w/multistage pump upgrade (I believe I am going to go with the Jandy Pro Series AquaPure Salt Water Chlorine Generator instead of the Nature2 Fusion based on what I have read on this site.)
Upsize filter to VersaPlumb efficient 460
No decking
RS4 controller with phone app connection
One 6' underwater bench
40 SF underwater ledge
Spa: 12” raised above pool, 40 sq ft, w/ flagstone outside walls, LED color light, 6 jets 1.5 HP air blower with 30' of plumbing
Additional plumbing for blower
Jandy JXI 400,000 BTU heater
Materials include tile, flagstone coping, Pebble Sheen in standard color for pool and spa (thinking blue granite)

http://imgur.com/a/22922Es

Hello and welcome to the forum! :wave: Congrats on the new pool. Good move to ditch the Fusion mineral treatments and stick with a SWG. You might also consider going to a robot cleaner as opposed to the Polaris as pump-operated cleaners (suction or pressure) are becoming yesterday's technology. They require more energy and of course their own plumbing supply which can be an issue later. But that's certainly your call. Do as much research here in the forum for other discussions. Other than that you appear to be on your way. I suspect others will have a comment or two to help. Post back as much as you need to for assistance.

Thank you for your response! Yes I’ve read a bit about the cleaners/robots but the Polaris comes for free with the pool so I wasn’t sure if it’s just as easy to upgrade later assuming it doesn’t last that many years. I am still looking into that for now.

Put an electrical outlet close to the pool where a robot can be plugged into in the future. That way you are setup for either cleaning technology.

Reactions: mojo1980
Ha! If you’re paying them something and getting something, it’s not free. However, if they give you no credit for it, it kind of is. If the contract is signed then any negotiations on the topic are subject to the goodwill of the PB.

But I would never personally use a non-robot after my experience with one. That I subsequently dumped for a robot. And also removed the wasteful booster pump I had.

Reactions: BowserB
Haha, probably just built into the price. I guess I’m just making note of what comes standard and what we are willing to upgrade at the moment.

But yes to clarify, we don’t get any credit for it.

How much would you think a good robot cleaner costs?

If the contract is signed then any negotiations on the topic are subject to the goodwill of the PB.
I tell you what. Get on the good side of those workers. Find out what they like … :cheers: If everything is dug-up already, now's the time. Drop some conduit from the pool back to the equipment pad or wherever you believe the electric service would come from. Easy for them. Even if you had to grab a few feet of conduit yourself. If the wire isn't ran yet, at least the path is there to push/pull it later. Much easier now than later.

Robot costs vary. For example, depending on the model, you'll see Dolphins anywhere from $600 tp almost $1400. Some cheaper, but then you get what you pay for at times.

I tell you what. Get on the good side of those workers. Find out what they like … :cheers: If everything is dug-up already, now's the time. Drop some conduit from the pool back to the equipment pad or wherever you believe the electric service would come from. Easy for them. Even if you had to grab a few feet of conduit yourself. If the wire isn't ran yet, at least the path is there to push/pull it later. Much easier now than later.

Robot costs vary. For example, depending on the model, you'll see Dolphins anywhere from $600 tp almost $1400. Some cheaper, but then you get what you pay for at times.

What you’re saying is just that that I need an electrical outlet near the pool for the robot right? Is that all I’ll need?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
What you’re saying is just that that I need an electrical outlet near the pool for the robot right? Is that all I’ll need?
That was one of the recommendations above - yes. If you think of any other power requirements that might be possible later, now's the best time while the PB is having contractors dig everything up.

Perfect, thank you! Just wanted to be sure I didn’t need anything in addition to the electrical outlet for the potential upgrade to a robot cleaner.

Perfect, thank you! Just wanted to be sure I didn’t need anything in addition to the electrical outlet for the potential upgrade to a robot cleaner.
You need an electrical outlet between 10 and 20 feet of the pool for safety (no closer than 10' no further than 20'). Insist on this. Not every municipality requires it but get one even if you don't have to follow the NEC. If the outlet is closer than 10 feet you have a situation where an appliance can fall in the pool (electrocuting everyone). If it's more than 20 feet away people are tempted to use an extension cord to bring a radio, blender, etc. closer to the pool. And then you have an electrocution hazard. This is a very real danger so put the outlet in regardless of the robot decision. I love the design!

You need an electrical outlet between 10 and 20 feet of the pool for safety (no closer than 10' no further than 20'). Insist on this. Not every municipality requires it but get one even if you don't have to follow the NEC. If the outlet is closer than 10 feet you have a situation where an appliance can fall in the pool (electrocuting everyone). If it's more than 20 feet away people are tempted to use an extension cord to bring a radio, blender, etc. closer to the pool. And then you have an electrocution hazard. This is a very real danger so put the outlet in regardless of the robot decision. I love the design!

Thank you and thank you! That is very helpful, and we are really excited about the design! It’s taken us a few months to get right but it’s exactly what we were hoping for at this point.

That design is purrfect! It has everything in it down to a good swim lane. Good job!

NO decking??? Sure hope your mower has a good bagger on it to catch the clippings LOL

In addition to the outlet by the equipment pad you will also want a light put out there. You will thank me the first time you have to go out there in the dark to do something.

So what tile, coping, and plaster will you be using?

Kim:kim:

Reactions: BowserB
That design is purrfect! It has everything in it down to a good swim lane. Good job!

NO decking??? Sure hope your mower has a good bagger on it to catch the clippings LOL

In addition to the outlet by the equipment pad you will also want a light put out there. You will thank me the first time you have to go out there in the dark to do something.

So what tile, coping, and plaster will you be using?

Kim:kim:

Haha thank you! The light idea is a good one, I didn’t think of that. And we are the mowers so we will do our best! :) Our yard just has so much concrete we wanted to wait at least a year and see what we think of everything before adding more decking. We also are considering expanding our small garage and adding a roofed deck area over that way, so we’ll see as the years go on!

We’re not sure about the tile (haven’t seen the options yet) but are doing flagstone coping and pebble sheen, maybe the blue granite color.

Reactions: Shek

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.