New Above Ground Pool

OK her are my number for today:
FA 4
CC 0
PH 7.4
TA 110
CH 120
CYA 60
Yesterday around 6:30 pm I added 20 oz Chlorine because it was low and we went swimming and then I added 14 oz of dry acid to lower my PH it was 8.0 and now 7.4.
Other than adding chlorine to bring it up to 9 ppm, should I add more dry acid to lower PH to 7.2 or 7.0 to see if TA drops, it did not drop from adding dry acid lastnight.

Your total alkalinity drop won't be instantaneous. It will go down gradually. Stop measuring total alkalinity so often... just worry about pH/FC/CC for now. pH and total alkalinity are related. If your pH is wacky... your total alkalinity is probably wacky. If pH is fine... then TA is probably fine. Makes sense? So just measure pH regularly for now and leave total alkalinity, calcium hardness, and CYA for monthly testing. Only pH and FC/CC are routine things.

I would not lower pH. Just leave it at 7.4 and check daily. When it gets to 8, lower it to 7.2ish and repeat. Your total alkalinity will gradually work its way down and you will notice your pH will stop fluctuating so much.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.