My husband and I have an above ground pool and are having trouble getting any chlorine readings. We have the chlorine floater going around for about a week now and it looks as if they're not dissolving at all. Any suggestions?
Your chlorine is being consumed by the Sun or algae in your pool (even tho you may not see it). Do you have any CYA in the pool? If so, can you post those test results? Also post results for pH and Alk, we'll assume your chlorine is zero. Once you get us those numbers, we can help you get your pool clear.
Welcome to TFP in addition to getting a good set of numbers we will also need to know what size your pool is. You will also need to get a good test kit Dave sells a great one here or the Taylor K-2006 is also a good one.
The "stickies" (link in my sig) are a great starting point.
For folks to give you good advice, more info is needed:
Post full set of numbers from your water test.
If you add all your pool and equipment info in your signature, it will be very helpful.
Getting a good test kit is the BEST investment we made in our pool. I recommend the TF Test kit sold by duraleigh, link in my sig. He is also an active member on TFP and is always available to help folks with their pool problems or any questions on the test kit.
The folks here will have your pool 'sparkling' soon