New Above Ground 24x54-WHERE DO I EVEN START

As long as when you test each day you are above minimum, you are fine. Riding the high end of the target range is not a bad thing.

Reactions: Mlindsleye
If that makes sense.
Rest assured it makes sense to all of us. It’s a personal preference that has no wrong answer. Some folks toe the low target # like a tightrope and save every penny possible. Some folks like to target the middle and others like the high side for some wiggle room. As a beginner I would always recommend to give yourself the wiggle room. Some extra chlorine wont break the bank but it could save you from having an Algae outbreak.

As a newb, and for whatever ignorant reason at the time, liked mine on the high side. It worked so well it has sat there for 8 seasons now.

Nice to see you made good progress. Awesome work!

For FC levels and when to add, it is up to you as long as you don't go below the minimum too often or for too long.
Personally I don't like tip toeing the minimum level.

Also, my preference is to add chlorine in the evening and here is why. I bump my FC in the evening to 8ppm and and it will stay at this level all the way until morning, so that is a solid 10 to 12 hours. If I were to add chlorine in the morning, then the 8ppm level would be sustained in the water for a very short period of time because of the sun.
I look at it as an additional safety net, plus for my daily routine, evenings work better.

In the end, the most important thing is to pick the schedule, stick with it and don't let the FC levels drop below the minimum levels. How it is done is not really relevant.

Hi guys! Thanks for all the feedback! So last night chlorine was a 5 after swimming. Added the pool math recommendations to get to a 7 and went to bed. Got up this morning tested chlorine..still a 5. Added more to get back up to a 7. Will retest this afternoon. Is it possible for it to go that quickly overnight? Or could something be eating it up? All other numbers really good!

Is it possible for it to go that quickly overnight? Or could something be eating it up?
That is a valid concern. Normally when we lose more than 1 ppm of FC overnight, we get concerned for algae or too much organics in the water. I haven't followed your posts as of late, but next time you do an OCLT, make sure the last test is before bed in total darkness, then the morning test is before the sun hits the water. 6-7 hours of darkness should be fine for the OCLT. Make sure the water is circulating before you grab each water sample. If you fail it again after careful testing, you may need to do a SLAM Process.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.