Neighbor's Pool....

Sandia

Mar 12, 2018
Phoenix/Arizona
We happened to look over our fence and noticed that our neighbor's pool is a lovely shade of greenish dark blue... we are sure he doesn't clean it... we also know he has limited funds with which to tend to his house with.

We are willing to help, but are not quite so familiar with him as to just say "hey, your pool is a mess, let us help" Mosquitos are starting to breed...

Has anyone come up with a super tactful way to broach this subject?

Maybe hire a cheaper priced pool guy to go over and do a simple one time pool cleaning or a simple chemical balance and tell the neighbor you had yours done and sent him over because you got a buy one get one special or something but tell the pool guy not to mention you set it all up.

or say "Hey I switched brands of chemicals and need to get rid of all these supplies I Have, Do you want me to see what I can do with your pool with these before I get rid of them"....he may only need a starting point to get back on his feet but thinks its just to overwhelming to even start to fix the issue.

"Hey, I have been toying with the idea of doing pool care as a side job but really only have experience on my own pool. Is there any chance I could maybe practice on your pool as well? No cost, you would really be doing me the favor by letting me get the hang of taking care of more than one pool."

Then if he asks down the line if you got in to the business you can just tell him you decided against it but found working on his pool satisfying and wanted to keep it going.

Reactions: Jimrahbe
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.