Needing Some Speakers This Season?

My home speaker pair were large (PSB Imagine T2's), and nearly 70lbs each, and Crutchfield shipped free, and I had them in 3 days!

Ah, this reminds me of the "dream" speakers I wanted as a teenager; the Infinity IRS-V. If I recall, they were a cool $45,000...but much cheaper than the original IRS which were almost $90,000. :) IRSV.jpg

Reactions: steveinaz
Those r great speakers. I had psb plats for years till I got my triangles. I always liked psb even the little alpha range performed well in small rooms. We still sell them but have moved more towards Triad since they sell pretty much every price point.

Infinity was such a great company many moons ago. Thier car speakers were very very good too. They were in the same league as mb quartz. If you were into car stereo.

Now I think we have reached the point of diminishing returns. I used to audition so many different speaker brands and amps from different companies. We are at the point in our business we spec all our builds to the dB levels we need to achieve at various listening positions and we spec triads based on that criteria for clean sound at those specs.

Jim

Infinity was such a great company many moons ago. Thier car speakers were very very good too. They were in the same league as mb quartz. If you were into car stereo.

Now I think we have reached the point of diminishing returns. I used to audition so many different speaker brands and amps from different companies. We are at the point in our business we spec all our builds to the dB levels we need to achieve at various listening positions and we spec triads based on that criteria for clean sound at those specs.

Jim

No truer words have been spoken. I had Infinity speakers in two of my cars and they were fantastic...but these days, I think the OEM systems can be just as (or better) than the Infinitys were.

Dayton audio's outdoor speakers are a crazy good value....and FWIW, I am an audio-nut and pretty fussy about it. I have the IO655W pair, which retails for $116/pr, but can be found on sale often at $88/pr---which is what I paid. Available in white (W) and black (B model). Hardware included.
I installed a pair of Dayton Audio IO655 speakers last year and I highly recommend them. They are currently $86 for the PAIR. From a "best bang for your buck" standpoint...these cannot be beat.
I will 2nd , 3rd or whatever this statement. I have used Dayton stuff for years. parts express is about 45 min from my house so shipping is Iike next day.

I have these same speakers waiting to go back on the porch this season.

I bought a pair of Niles RS6Si Rock speakers when we built our pool a few years ago and I also have a Sonos Play 1 under the deck. Have all connected through my Sonos connect App. Have been very happy with the results and sound. Can't wait to open our pool next week!

I bought a pair of Niles RS6Si Rock speakers when we built our pool a few years ago and I also have a Sonos Play 1 under the deck. Have all connected through my Sonos connect App. Have been very happy with the results and sound. Can't wait to open our pool next week!

I’m also a sonos fan, have a connect amp in the pool house running 2 klipsh aw650’s and will bring out the play 5s if we’re really wanting to step it up. Sonos is releasing true outdoor speakers in early June for like $750 a pair, may check them out down the road.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.