Needing Some Speakers This Season?

So I've been on the hunt for several weeks on which outdoor speakers to purchase. I think I've read about every outdoor speaker on the market. Yesterday I found some Klipsch 650's on sale at Crutchfield. Plus I added in a Polk Atrium 8. Again this one was on sale as well until 3/31.

I am not a paid spokesman for Crutchfield but I am all about great deals.

Dayton audio's outdoor speakers are a crazy good value....and FWIW, I am an audio-nut and pretty fussy about it. I have the IO655W pair, which retails for $116/pr, but can be found on sale often at $88/pr---which is what I paid. Available in white (W) and black (B model). Hardware included.

Reactions: jasonwbaggett
Checkout the outdoor speaker line from Technomad. Especially if they will be in the "elements". They are IP56 rated and many are milspec'd and are used my the U.S. Military for many various applications. They are my outdoor speakers of choice. Great sound as well.
All the best.
r.

I have 2 of the Polk Atrium speakers on our Pergola - I attached them to my "outdoor" TV via a class D amplifier with an optical TOSLINK cable so that I get good sound from the TV out to the speakers. We can blast out the neighborhood with these 2 speakers and the tiny amp...:rockon:

Doesn't Crutchfield sell most of their products at full retail? Kind of like Circuit City (now out of business) used to do?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I am using (2) JBL Charge 3 bluetooth speakers along with a Micus 160ft Bluetooth range extender. Extender is in garage with am/fm receiver.
That extender really works well and transmits a signal down the road while I was testing it.
I went wireless due to our environment and speaker wires would eventually oxidize and fray during seasonal removal. Only drawback on the JBL3 is only able to pair 2 of them unless you install the connect + app which has some issues . mine are a year old but sound great and very durable, if you want wireless of course.

Last edited:
Reactions: steveinaz
I got the Polk Atrium 6s setup yesterday (using the TIC AMP 50 100W 2-Channel Outdoor WiFi and Bluetooth Amplifier with AirPlay) and they work very well together with crisp, clean sound. The TIC amplifier has a very good BT range and I was impressed at how far it would work with BT. I liked that the AMP is also WiFi compatible, but I haven't tried that yet. I figured the Wifi would be helpful depending on what my final installation location will be. It's been a number of years since I have gotten to play with decent audio systems, so I have thoroughly enjoyed this.

I got the Polk Atrium 6s setup yesterday (using the TIC AMP 50 100W 2-Channel Outdoor WiFi and Bluetooth Amplifier with AirPlay) and they work very well together with crisp, clean sound. The TIC amplifier has a very good BT range and I was impressed at how far it would work with BT. I liked that the AMP is also WiFi compatible, but I haven't tried that yet. I figured the Wifi would be helpful depending on what my final installation location will be. It's been a number of years since I have gotten to play with decent audio systems, so I have thoroughly enjoyed this.
Curious to see how this AMP holds up. I have been unable to find anything similar and I am currently shopping for outdoor stereo equipment. Unfortunately there are no canadian dealers so if Igo with the TIC I will need to order direct and pay the duty.

Curious to see how this AMP holds up. I have been unable to find anything similar and I am currently shopping for outdoor stereo equipment. Unfortunately there are no canadian dealers so if Igo with the TIC I will need to order direct and pay the duty.
I hope it stands the test of time. :) It tends to get pretty darn hot here in Oklahoma, so I think if anything kills it, the heat will to be blame. I couldn't find a bunch of reviews on it (only 7 on Amazon which I am reluctant to trust anyway) but it's really the only solution that I was looking for. So...time will tell.

I have a set of Klipsch AW650's just waiting to be installed. My pool is right next to my metal shop so bought a JL Audio bluetooth controller to put in the wall so I can control my Denon receiver with my phone out on the pool deck.

Doesn't Crutchfield sell most of their products at full retail? Kind of like Circuit City (now out of business) used to do?

That's what I thought, and I always steered clear of them. I recently installed a new stereo system into my truck. Their prices were actually the best I could find on the Pioneer unit I purchased. They will price match and guarantee prices for 60 days. Shipping is free and quick. They refunded my $100 after they dropped their own price on the unit. Their customer service and tech support is unmatched IMHO.

My home speaker pair were large (PSB Imagine T2's), and nearly 70lbs each, and Crutchfield shipped free, and I had them in 3 days!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.