need to refinish pool?

allyall

Mar 11, 2020
Florida
After determining the cya was too high, We did a water replacement in March and had a month of perfect water. Then it rained and cloudiness started again. It's now been two weeks of SLAM and it's not getting any clearer. I don't have any overnight chlorine loss and the powder is white, settled on the steps and ground. I've backwashed and get white water for 2 minutes and then I run it clear for another minute. Then rinse before returning to filter. I know it'll be time to refinish soon because there are a few spots where the finish is coming off. Someone I was telling about it suggested it was the wall finish coming off. is there no hope for clear water beyond water replacement or refurbishing the pool walls?

Attachments

• 2020-05-05 12.00.05.jpg
    2020-05-05 12.00.05.jpg
    335.2 KB · Views: 16
  • 2020-05-05 12.06.56.jpg
    2020-05-05 12.06.56.jpg
    202.1 KB · Views: 15
current test results:
FC 11.5
CC 0.5
pH 7.6
TA 90
CH 225
CYA 50

I kept the FC above 20 from 4/21 to 5/2. The CC was never above 0.5, and the OCLT was 1.5 at the beginning. I haven't lost any chlorine overnight for a week so I suspect it is a different issue.

Last edited:
Considering it might be the zeobrite sand as well. Reading some stories of people with similar cloudy water and balanced chemicals because the zeo wasn't working.
Having the person who installed it come open up the filter tomorrow since it is still under warranty.

So. He insisted on trying drop down. It did drop the fine white powder to the bottom, and then next vacuumed what could be vacuumed up. I expect it'll go cloudy again and then he'll open the filter to look at the zeo sand. anyway, he told me I could refinish pool myself, that it's not bad. so no one thinks it's the pool walls anymore.

The big issue with Zeo is that it either works really well or it doesn't work at all.
The issue with Zeo causing cloudiness is usually from the installer not rinsing and installing it according to the mfg instructions, but sounds like it's been installed a while and you've had good luck with it before this?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.