Need suggestion/opinion on pool design

Oct 7, 2018
SOCAL
Hi All,

I am designing sport pool by myself, due to limitation of my back yard size, trying to fit as much options in one design.
Come out this sport pool design 36x16 and depth is 4x7x4, possible to swim, also trying to make some spot to make cannon ball jump.

the depth goes from edge 4' to 5' in 12 feet, and in the middle 12 feet area goes to extra deep 7', the other side also 12' from 5 to 4'.

What you think of this depth design, will it be awkward?

Thank you,
Ned

Attachments

• Pool Depth.png
    Pool Depth.png
    25.7 KB · Views: 56
  • Pool Version_001.jpg
    Pool Version_001.jpg
    537.3 KB · Views: 60
  • Pool Version_009.jpg
    Pool Version_009.jpg
    209.4 KB · Views: 61
  • Pool Version_010.jpg
    Pool Version_010.jpg
    606.8 KB · Views: 49
The deep part is right in front of the door! RUN and CANNON BALL in!! What fun that will be!!! I wonder if you should put some marker tiles on either side of the deep part. Then you can make it the "rule"-Only cannon ball between the marker tiles!!

That will be a fun pool to play volley ball in. OH and look up the Watermelon Ball game! You will LOVE it!! That pool will be purrfect for this fun game!!!

Kim:kim:

Reactions: PoolGate
Marker tiles are a good idea. I really wished we had done that. I think for a non-traditional pool with the deep end in the middle it makes sense.

I like that depth profile for your pool. I can picture myself diving from inside your spa, over the spillway, into the deep end middle.

I think putting a seven foot well in the middle of your pool will get old in a hurry. Seven foot is too deep to stand in and too shallow to dive. You’ll have to swim each time you go back and forth in the pool. I’d put the seven foot depth adjacent to the cabana, the most logical jump-in point. Six feet in I’d start sloping up to a five foot landing ten feet long and then slope up to four in the next ten feet. Final ten feet is a Baja deck with stairs.

PF,

Have you ever been in a gunite Spa before? While they look great, they are the most oversold and underused items in most pool builds... Some people love them, but not everyone.. If you know what you are buying great!! If not, I suggest that you try one before you buy one. It is a lot of money for something that might not get used very often or at all.

The sun-shelf is also something that is "in" right now. Don't install one unless you really think that you will use it. No doubt that a lot of people love them... just make sure you are one of them.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.