Need some inspiration!

Kayjenjo

May 10, 2021
Pennsylvania
Hi Everyone, waiting for our pool build to begin. We are also doing and entire backyard transformation along with the pool but I don't know where to begin with the decorating and design details. We will have a 32 x 16 Grecian IG liner pool, decking all around, patio under our deck leading right to the pool, also a walkway leading to a Hot Tub (not connected to the pool) and a new fire pit area that will also have a walkway from the pool and the Hot Tub. I'm not sure where to begin, I look at pictures of pretty patio sets etc. but nothing is tying it all in for each area. The Hot Tub color is Tuscan Sun (so browns, tans) the pool liner is GLI Savannah w/sandstone tan, we have a Black Metal Tiki Bar that is in the yard already and our deck renovation is being done in the brown/tan family (trex decking). Please show me your pool area inspirational pictures/ideas and any/ all suggestions. TIA :cool:IMG_8331.jpg

Have you thought about hiring a landscaping architect?
We just built our house and our backyard is a blank slate. We are working with a landscaping architect to help put our ideas of pool, pool house and sports court (outside of pool), all while ensuring we keep our view into a workable plan as well as give us ideas we haven’t thought about. Might help you with your project.

Reactions: Kayjenjo
Just start googling and looking at builds here. Print out pics. Bookmark em’. Have landscapers come out. Some do half &)( drawings themselves Thst you can lift some decent ideas from. Why pay someone thousands for pretty pictures that the people actually doing the work will barely look at. I have been on hundreds and hundreds of different outdoor and home builds with the same designers. They all have thier go to stuff they do in everyone’s builds. It’s a lot of rinse and repeat. When I built yah I had my plans I paid thousands and thousands for. My guys and my dad’s guys literally used them forcthe foundation and that’s it. I knew what I wanted and the house was in my head already. Yah we followed roof lines and such but when it came to technical parts that I paid a lot for they all laughed and said we know how to backfill and we know how to wrap a house of brick. They said throw em in the garbage or frame “your pretty pictures”. My house was what truly taught me what I know today and built on that and when I did my back yard and pool house the “pretty pictures” to show my guys and my dads guys again were free pretty pictures by myself and we still didn’t use them cause again everyrhing was in my head. When all was said and done myself and my good buddy who did most free work with me looked at those pictures we barely used and my yard looked just like them.

So pretty much all I’m saying is really give it a go urself with nightly sitting in bed and bookmarking away andctjem grab napkins or pieces of paper and doodle. I guarantee u can do it.

Welcome Kay !!!
Ideas you say ???? Happy scrolling :)

Have you thought about hiring a landscaping architect?
We just built our house and our backyard is a blank slate. We are working with a landscaping architect to help put our ideas of pool, pool house and sports court (outside of pool), all while ensuring we keep our view into a workable plan as well as give us ideas we haven’t thought about. Might help you with your project.
We are maxed out with this huge project, so we are trying to do things slowly and mostly ourselves (the decorating and landscaping part) and we have the time and the ideas just trying pull it all together to complete our vision.

Reactions: HappySwimming
We are maxed out with this huge project, so we are trying to do things slowly and mostly ourselves (the decorating and landscaping part) and we have the time and the ideas just trying pull it all together to complete our vision.

Draw it out on paper and post it here. Others will pop in and give you ideas. We r pretty good arc this here. I love spending other people’s money. Lol

Oh and ur in pa. So I can give u plant ideas. I’m in pa also. My grandfather and father owned a landscaping company. I did all my hardscaping and landscaping for my whole property. I can give u ideas there. Label elevation changes also.

Draw it out on paper and post it here. Others will pop in and give you ideas. We r pretty good arc this here. I love spending other people’s money. Lol

Oh and ur in pa. So I can give u plant ideas. I’m in pa also. My grandfather and father owned a landscaping company. I did all my hardscaping and landscaping for my whole property. I can give u ideas there. Label elevation changes also.

Thanks! I do have a drawing (my own) I will post it when I get home, but as far as the landscaping tips, I welcome them with open arms. I keep researching different things and I think I'm more confused than ever. I will post the layout and give a little of what we are thinking to give a visual. Thanks again!

Reactions: BMK
This is a quick sketch I did, some things are a little different, we do have 3ft of decking around the pool, so the green in the back won’t be grass! Also the deck is a second story deck with a dry patio underneath. Throw some ideas for a rock garden etc.

Attachments

• AB784A68-03C1-4810-A4D9-F735DBF02F1B.jpeg
    AB784A68-03C1-4810-A4D9-F735DBF02F1B.jpeg
    684.9 KB · Views: 19

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.