Need some help new to TFPC, salt keeps rising.

Jul 14, 2015
Colts Neck, NJ
Hello everyone,
I just got my pool balanced after a slam and working with the new test kit. My salt levels were always pretty constant. I went to check the temp in the pool today on the display of the Jandy Aquapure and noticed the service light was on, checked the salinity and it read 4.1. I have never seen it higher than 3.6. Did the addition of bleach make this go out of whack. It is still set to 00 as I still plenty of FC left over from the recent SLAM. Any advice would be appreciated.

I am not familiar with that SWCG and its indicators, but I'm going to guess that's NaCl parts per thousand or 4100 ppm. It would be good to verify with K-1766 Taylor Salt Test to be sure. To answer your question, adding bleach does add salt. If your salt level is indeed too high, you can drain and refill to lower the level.

I did some more research and didn't realize I should have let folks know I heated the pool yesterday so the temp went from 67 to 80. I know that this can have an effect on the salt readings in the pool. I will drain some water out and replace some.

If you're sure that the salinity is lower, you can recalibrate the reading.

Press the Salinity button and hold it until it beeps 3 times. The system will beep when you push it and then at 5 seconds and again at 10 seconds. Release the button after the 3rd beep.

Press and release the Temperature button within 5 seconds to enter the salinity calibration screen.

The system will display the salinity reading; press the up arrow to increase the reading or the down arrow to decrease the reading.

When the proper reading is reached press the Temperature button within 5 seconds to store it in memory.

Once below 4.0, the system will work.

I recommend the K-1766 salt test kit to track actual salinity and verify the box.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.