Need New Equipment: Purchasing Housew/ 28k Gunite Pool with Diamond Brite and SWG

Feb 19, 2017
Annapolis
All,

I have been reading the forum for some time. I am about to close on a house w/ a 28k gallon gunite pool. The pool was built in 2007. The equipment is original. It has a Pentair Easy Touch control system w/ Intellichlor SWG. It also has a Pentair Quad DE 60 filter and a Pentair 1.5 HP pump (I cannot read model maybe WhisperFlo????). There is also an Aquacal Heat pump. Since the pool is not open we weren't able to test the system completely, but it appears the Easy Touch and Intellichlor are functional. The heat pump powers on but the system was not able to be fully tested.

I will definitely need the following:
1. Replacement pump for the Pentair WhisperFlo (1.5 hp)
2. Replacement for the Pentair Quad DE 60 Filter (an FNS plus was recommended w/ multi port valve)
3. 4x Jandy valves.
4. Robotic pool cleaner

Any advice on where to buy the equipment? Substitution recommendations? Installation recommendations? Pricing?

Thanks for all the help so far!

DSC_0088_zpsbubw7syg.jpg

DSC_0089_zpsdgqfnjd8.jpg

DSC_0090_zpsqsucqjmi.jpg

DSC_0091_zpsrkuvoeom.jpg

DSC_0092_zpsgtapbls5.jpg

DSC_0095_zpsv4qpg0hi.jpg

DSC_0096_zps0i9ulxd0.jpg

DSC_0119_zpsinpc2xud.jpg

IMG_6369_zpsxm7lby7r.jpg

IMG_6373_zpsevdsvtet.jpg

R,

If you have the EasyTouch, they are designed to control the 3 HP IntelliFlo variable speed pump. They are not designed to control the SuperFlo VS or any other VS pumps...

I'm not sure about really old Easytouch systems, but I suggest you look to see if the IntelliFlo is on the Pump's menu...

Push Menu twice.. once to wake it up, and two to get into the menu..

Scroll down to "Settings"

If you see "Clock" and below that "IntelliFlo" you'll know the unit is IntelliFlo compatible..

Since this is a VS pump, it does not matter what HP the pump is..

For reference, I can run this pump, 24/7, for less than $20 bucks per month.

Post a couple of pics of your equipment and you will get more answers...

Thanks,

Jim R.

I just rebuilt my Jandy valves. It's an easy job. I ordered new Jandy neverlube valves of the same size, and removed the doverters, lids and handles from the new valves and installed them in the existing valve bodies. Get the valves from Amazon for about $45 each

just make sure you measure and get the right size new valves.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.