need help :)

Boeie

Jul 8, 2010
while searching for bleach at home, i found this:

a jar of Sodium hypochlorite.
150g/l active chlorite

can i use this to add some fc to my pool? or is it hazardous? any advice would be appreciated :)

nvm, i did some math, and it seemed to be 6%bleach, so i just added some. it was a little yellowish, so i hope that wont give any troubles, but i cba anymore.

so now i need some help on buying a decent test kid.
i'd like the one offerd by the site, but it seems that it only ships to places in the us. anyone who can help me?

Hey Boeie, Go to User Control Panel (button right under the TFP logo) and edit signature. Add your location and some of your pool info there. Once you tell us where you're located someone can suggest a good solution for you.

10g/l is 1% so if I'm doing my math right 150g/l is 15 times as much or 15%. :scratch:

can i use this to add some fc to my pool? or is it hazardous? any advice would be appreciated
Pitch it out. Chlorine constantly reduces in strength as it ages. Assuming you don't know the age, don't guess that it might help you. Buy some new bleach where you know the strength and can dose accordingly.

Guessing and throwing unknown stuff into your pool is the antithesis of BBB.

Do you know your model number? The intex site shows three different Gallons/liters for that size pool. The model number will be something like "56904/E". Because there is up to 2,000 difference in two of the models, you need to confirm it so you are dosing accurately.

As Dave said, if the bleach was sitting there for awhile, it could be degraded and no good anymore.
Bleach when manufactured can be as strong as 15% and by the time it is distrubuted and sold it is around 6% ( i found this when researching on the Clorox site.)

Here is a recent thread that discussed obtaining test kits in Europe:
http://www.troublefreepool.com/tf100-in-sweden-t23360.html

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.