need help

Jun 9, 2010
Hello, I'm new to this forum.....nice site for info.....I need help...just can't adjust the water to the right levels. Have used the pool cal. to try to figure it out but no luck....I must be doing something wrong.
Pool has been open for about 2 weeks, pump running 24/7....30' round/about 20,000gal. Water is clear but not crystal clear and I have small blotches of gray matter in the bottom of the pool that I can not get rid of.....just bought a rover jr and used it x2 this week and added black algae remover and whatever it is comes back. I'm trying to use the BBB method with the pool.

Today's readings
PH 7.5
Cl 3
TA 120
TH 230
CYA 30

I think I'm checking everything......Thanks in advance for any help.

When you say that you have gray spots that you cannot get rid of, Do you mean that they won't brush up or that they brush up but come right back?

Your TA is a little high but adjusting the pH will bring it down over time.

It would help if you listed your equipment in your signature but in the mean time, post what type filter and pump you have.

Answers to questions asked of me....

Richard....
The HTH kit only tests TC and the strips test TC and FC...the strips show 0.5 for free chlorine. Yes I have read thru some of the pool school section and I'm trying to understand it.

Bama Rambler.....
The gray spots due brush away or vac away and the next day they are back.

See FPM's advice above. :) She's always right! But don't tell her I said that. It'll swell her head!

I have stuff in our pool almost every day and it's just dirt that blows in. I vacuum it out and it comes right back. Part of owning an outdoor pool.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.