Need help with pool wall solutions

Nov 12, 2018
Hallsville Tx
I have a in ground liner pool that was built in 1972 with marine plywood walls. I currently have my liner out of my pool so I can have a new one installed and my back wall where my diving board is blew out. All there is a 3/4 inch thick piece of marine plywood and 4 2x6s that make a rectangle brace and 2 dead men footings in the middle of the wall. The back wall is 18ft in length and the bottom of the wall is what blew out causing all the dirt to come through. The person that is replacing my liner gave me a quote for the wall repair and he said that it would be $8,000 to fix the wall the correct way. He suggested that he needs to bust up the decking on the back wall of my pool, remove old plywood walls, install new polymer wall, and install 18in deep of concrete and then fill with dirt to make the wall solid and then pour new decking. I obviously don’t want to spend $8,000 on top of what I’m already paying for the $3,500 liner replacement. What other options are available that are cost effective to where I don’t have to bust up my decking. Is there anyway that I can like shoot foundation foam through where my light housing is in my back wall after the new wall gets installed instead of where he would be putting 18in of concrete and then dirt? What other cost effective ways are there? I’m not planing on living in this house for a long period of time either I’ve lived here for 2 years now and we are going to be selling in the next 2-4 years
Thanks

Attachments

• B62002ED-97B1-475E-8221-7F75375A41E9.jpeg
    B62002ED-97B1-475E-8221-7F75375A41E9.jpeg
    351.7 KB · Views: 22
Theres nothing you can really do. The wall is pushed forward and the only way to get it back is to dig behind it. If you did it from the front there would be voids left that would settle over time. With plywood pools you gotta do this work in dead dry weather like 2 weeks no rain. Without seeing in person I couldnt really suggest a hack fix.

Only thing I've seen is to brace the pool above and remove the lower section to get wall back plumb. Then dry pack concrete that's damp and fill the void. Then go further and further til it's all filled hoping for no rain. And some deadmem tied to the braces embedded in the concrete. I would immediately get lots 2x4 braces around the rest of the pool before you lose the rest of it

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.