Need Help with Hardness.

BFCHAOS

Jul 8, 2020
Southern Nevada
I am using a Taylor 2006c kit.

I tested the incoming water at 250ppm
Pool water before replaced was at 650ppm

Here is what I’m doing.

Since its the summer heat and I’m trying to fix the pool guys idiocy by allowing my CYA to climb to 180, I’m replacing the water but filling it at the same time.

I’m pumping out from the deep end on the step and filling in on the shallow end.

So far my CYA went do to 100, but my hardness has stayed at 600ppm. I’m really lost because the incoming water is 250 the pool should have gone down to 400 or less at this point.

Any help would be appreciated.

Sorry -- someone messed with the wiki -- try Draining - Further Reading

If you are testing the effluent, there should not be any mixing. Something is not correct with your system if you are seeing that much mixing.

Sorry -- someone messed with the wiki -- try Draining - Further Reading

If you are testing the effluent, there should not be any mixing. Something is not correct with your system if you are seeing that much mixing.

my incoming water is around 58 degrees, the pool water where the pumps sitting in the deep end we have a step the water is around 68 degrees, i did however move the pump from the deep end floor to the step the past hour, so I’m guessing maybe that’s the issue?

Also same amount of water is being pumped out as being filled up so my water line has stayed the same for the past 5 hours.

Where in southern Nevada do you have 58 degree incoming water??? Mine is over 95F.

Unless this is a saltwater pool with very high CH, you should be putting the cold water in the deep end and and pumping from the surface.

Where in southern Nevada do you have 58 degree incoming water??? Mine is over 95F.

Unless this is a saltwater pool with very high CH, you should be putting the cold water in the deep end and and pumping from the surface.

Henderson, the incoming water after running for about 10 minutes starts to cool down, i can say this the water coming out of my hose is cold.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.