Need help with existing pool deck resurfacing.

mermaid-magic

Jan 18, 2021
Austin TX
Hi all !

New member here but have been taking guidance from this site for a while now. We r new pool owners and as such as yet in the learning phase, so I apologize in advance if I sound too lay. We moved into a house with an existing pool. The concrete pool deck had an unsightly crack that we were hoping to address. However there is so many options out there that my mind is puzzled. So I thought one of you could help me decide what to go with. So far we have been given options for pavers vs surface coatings. Pavers are too costly and will need the most modifications to existing design which we dont want so we are looking at surface coatings. But ehich should I choose ?
1. Carvestone
2. Sundek Classic Texture
3. Kool Deck
Goal being to improve esthetics.

Thanks in advance.

Welcome to TFP.

It may help if you post some pics of your existing deck so we can see your situation.

I think any concrete coating will need to be redone every few years to keep looking good.

I am
Looking to do the same thing. We got quotes for kool deck and they range from 5,000-9,000$$!! Are you getting the same numbers? Our deck is approximately 800 sq feet. I was stunned by the numbers. We are thinking kool deck because it’s what’s on there now and it really helps in the summer when walking barefoot around the pool.

Are you worried about the dust and particles falling into the pool at all?

I’m not a pool builder but in commercial and residential. I would be asking , what is causing the cracking? Is the substrate solid or fixable for refit? You need to fix any issue in the structure before you dress it up. I reckon money spent on the structural bones will save you the griefof stuffing up on the fun part of choosing a finished look vs years of regret and seeking a fix in the future. Just my opinion.
Txgi

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.