Need help picking out new pool pump, filter and Salt chlorine ator

Does anyone recommend a good vacuum? This is something I am looking at but they seem very hit and miss.
Rand,

As soon as I get the Admiral's approval I'm going to get a robot. In the meantime I've been using The Pool Cleaner suction cleaner with good results. There are quit a few different brands that people seem to get good results with but our experts all rave about robots. I've found following their lead is always a great way to go for me. Pool maintenance has gotten easier and easier plus lower cost each time I follow in their footsteps. I would never have guessed it could actually be this easy.

Chris

Reactions: carnivalday
When I got the little stirrer dealie, I was pretty excited. Went to do my first test...nothing. What the heck? Tried again....nothing. I knew it had to be broken. Then I decided to read the directions. Uh...whats this little bean thing? OOOHHH!! I thought the entire tube whirled around on the stand. I dropped in the bean, turned it on....voila! Success. I have got to start learning to read instructions first.

Any recommendations on test kit
A robot in your pool will be very effective since its a nice rectangular shape. Lots of people here have them. so there are a lot of posts and threads about them. Was there a cleaner/sweep of some sort in your pool, or was it the old school manual vac task?

Awesome, to see you are ordering the recommended test kit. I should point out, getting the one they recommend here is two fold, its a really good kit, and more imprtatntly since the whole forum has standardized on this test kit, it gives everyone a common testing protocol to follow. So it makes it a lot easier to help people with their chemistry questions and troubleshooting when we are all operating from the same standards. You will love the stirrer.. it always reminds me of my days in the lab. I guarantee you will drop the bean at least once and spend the day looking for it only find it stuck to the metal table leg or something. ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: Randomguy81
yup.. that sounds like the old school vacuum. When I was a kid, it was one of my jobs to vac the pool once a week. So early in the morning before the sun hit the pool when I could see all the dust and crud that was settled to the bottom, I got the hose plugged into the skimmer hole and swept the pool by pushing the vacuum attachment around the entirety of the pool.. sound like fun?:mad: .... You'll be able to throw your robot in the pool and forget about it until its done. :goodjob:

Your pool turned out gorgeous! I knew you'd get there. Being a super nooby, and knowing zilch about salt water, I had a dickens of a time trying to figure out how long and at what setting I needed to run my SWG most efficiently. I finally got smart enough to ask on this thread Where to set SWG at and the lightbulb finally came on for me from all the great help I got. Im sure your learning curve is no where as steep as mine was, but it might help you figure out your SWG needs.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.