Need help picking a new pump

Jul 2, 2016
Evans, GA
Good morning! We purchased our home 7 years ago and all of the equipment that was with it has worked really well until this summer. This season we replaced the liner and booster pump (PB4-60). We had someone replace the sand in the filter and he said it's in great shape, so we'll be keeping the filter. The pump OTOH started making loud noises a few days ago and we'd like to replace it.

The pool is 33k gallons. The current pump is a 1 1/2 hp single speed running on 115v. We looked in to replacing it with a variable speed, but the reviews of the Pentair Superflo were not terribly encouraging, so we are OK staying with a single speed due to the wiring and our low rates of $.05 per kwh. We're looking for recommendations for a good replacement. Thanks so much!

20210816_105400_resized.jpg20210810_105303_resized.jpg

Welcome to the forum.

You may find it difficult to find a decent single speed or even two speed pump anymore given the new DOE regulations banning their manufacture.

Most on the forum that have SuperFlo seem to like their choice. What reviews are you talking about?

I also have a single speed pump and love my Heyward Super Pump. My last pump lasted over 10 years and I replaced it as preventative maintenance to avoid a breakdown.

Hayward W3SP2610X15 Super Inground Pool Pump, 115/230V, 1.5HP​

Thanks so much for the replies. The reviews that we were reading about the Pentair Superflo had a lot of complaints about control board failures within the first year that can't be repaired, so a new pump was required. The warranty was pretty bad too.

I'll look at the Hayward. Thanks for the recommendation!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.