Need help choosing a pool

Rsf507

Jun 16, 2020
Southern New Hampshire
Hey all,

Just found this forum a few days ago and have been trying to read through some when I have a spare minute (work 2 jobs, just moved and have a 9 month old so I stay busy). We are trying to figure out what kind of pool we want to install in our backyard. This is going to be our home for at least the next 15-20 years, and we want something that is going to last and not cause too many headaches outside of normal pool ownership.

I talked to someone the other day about a 16 x 32 *Radiant metric rectangle pool, it would be semi-inground with a 6' deep end I believe she said, but she said installed it would be about 25k at that point before other options, and that didn't include electrical or a few other smaller items, I could easily see that climbing to 35k with stairs, the needed deck, etc. and we'd have to skip the heater for now as well. That seems very high to me, but I know very little about this as we've never looked for a pool before. We live in southern New Hampshire, and unfortunately I think a inground pool is probably out of our budget as 40k would probably be the absolute highest we would go, but would love to be closer to 20k with a nice semi inground pool (we want something with a bit of deep end).

Is Reliant a good brand? Any other suggestions, tips or advice would be greatly appreciated!

Last edited:

scout123

Bronze Supporter
Feb 18, 2018
Chattanooga, TN
If you are speaking about a Radiant Metric, then yes they seem to be a good pool, though really pricey. There are pools that can be semi installed that aren't quite so expensive; however, you are kind of stuck with whatever the pool companies in your area sell unless you plan to DIY the pool or buy the pool online and find an installer. If you decide to go that route (buy online and find an installer), find the installer first. I found it difficult to find a pool installer that would put up a pool I wanted to purchase online. Prices will vary based on your location, so it's hard to comment on that part. Have you priced out a vinyl inground of that size? I ask bc I was surpised that the cost was so close to the semi cost in my area. May not be true in your area though. Other pools you may want to look at are the Doughboy, Wilbar Optimum or Intrepid, the Aquasport 52...those all can be installed in the ground and seem to get good reviews.

Rsf507

Jun 16, 2020
Southern New Hampshire
If you are speaking about a Radiant Metric, then yes they seem to be a good pool, though really pricey. There are pools that can be semi installed that aren't quite so expensive; however, you are kind of stuck with whatever the pool companies in your area sell unless you plan to DIY the pool or buy the pool online and find an installer. If you decide to go that route (buy online and find an installer), find the installer first. I found it difficult to find a pool installer that would put up a pool I wanted to purchase online. Prices will vary based on your location, so it's hard to comment on that part. Have you priced out a vinyl inground of that size? I ask bc I was surpised that the cost was so close to the semi cost in my area. May not be true in your area though. Other pools you may want to look at are the Doughboy, Wilbar Optimum or Intrepid, the Aquasport 52...those all can be installed in the ground and seem to get good reviews.
[/QUOTE

Thanks. (And yes, I meant Radiant, I changed it above, thanks for that) I am waiting to hear back from 2 other pool companies, one does inground vinyl, but emailed and called both 2 plus weeks ago, they must be crazy busy as I have heard nothing back. One does Atlantic Pools, and one does Cornelius and Aquarian, do you know anything about them?