Need Fuse for a Blue Torrent Variable speed pump

ChuckDresden

Dec 19, 2019
San Diego
My Blue Torrent Variable Speed Pump stopped working during our last rainstorm. I broke the seal and opened the top of the controll panel and found a fuse, F1, I tested it on my ohmmeter and while not totally open, it was reading very high. I saw other posts related to this pump and this fuse - has anyone found the exact value of this fuse and the best place to buy it?

If it’s one of the glass or porcelain ones that have the metal caps on the ends, my hardware store had them. I went to two electrical supply places figuring they were my best bet but they stopped caring them years ago due to no demand. The hardware store had the briefcases full of every size and amperage.

cfherrman: I'll try to get a pic posted.

Newdude: It looks ceramic and it's tiny (way smaller than any glass tubes I've seen). What Hardware store did you find them at? I've gone to a couple automotive stores & Home Depot today and they don't have anything close. If I knew the rating I could solder in an inline fuse link and use a standard automotive fuse . . .

The old school hardware store. Run by mom and pop. The kind thats been in the center of downtown for 62 years. I should go there way more often but its always easier to get more things with one stop at the big box stores like Home Depot. Ace and True Value are chain hardware stores. They might have them too.

If you know the ratings, amazon had them all if you can wait for a few more days.

The old school hardware store. Run by mom and pop. The kind thats been in the center of downtown for 62 years. I should go there way more often but its always easier to get more things with one stop at the big box stores like Home Depot. Ace and True Value are chain hardware stores. They might have them too.

I wouldn't even know where to find a true "Mom & Pop Hardware store"!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support

The kind of shop you take the old one, and the ancient behind the counter looks at it, goes down the rabbit warren of aisles, and finds a box that has been there since Nixon, and says, here ya go... You can often buy 1 or 2, rather then going to Home Despot, where you need to buy a box of 50, even though that gives you enough for the next 250 years....

The kind of shop you take the old one, and the ancient behind the counter looks at it, goes down the rabbit warren of aisles, and finds a box that has been there since Nixon, and says, here ya go... You can often buy 1 or 2, rather then going to Home Despot, where you need to buy a box of 50, even though that gives you enough for the next 250 years....

EXACTLY that shop.

@ChuckDresden, search ceramic fuse 15amp 250v or 1.5amp on amazon. They have fast burn and slow burn. The sizing is measured in millimeters to compare to the one you have.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.