Need creative ideas for underground plumbing repair

desoto

Feb 26, 2010
SoCal
This strange plumbing is on the dedicated vacuum suction line. It sits under a concrete wall (!?!) and the adjacent pipe is tight next to it. The pipes were and are in hard clay (not sand). Due to a leak at this spot (surprise!), I need to replace this section of elbows. Any suggestions on how best to do this?

Attachments

• DSCN1066red.JPG
    DSCN1066red.JPG
    136.1 KB · Views: 33
D,

I'd do this... Cut out the bad 90, and add a new 90 pointed straight out, This would allow you to bring the problem out where you can get to it..

View attachment 164880

Thanks,

Jim R.
Thank you, Jim. That looks like a good solution. I'm a little worried about how hard it might be to glue the last piece in. Maybe if I cut the longest long enough (3 feet?), there'd be enough flex? Will give it a go. Thanks again!

Reactions: Jimrahbe
I would get rid of that unnecessary bend up and back down while you are at it. Cut back on the pipe by the wall, cut back on the pipe in the front of the picture and then reattach with elbow, couplers and pipe. I can't tell if that is a 90 degree angle in the picture though. You could also consider flex pipe.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.