Need an O-ring

jimmcg29

LifeTime Supporter
Mar 21, 2009
Lower West Michigan
I have a Spears PVC white schedule 40 union. The o-ring needs to be replaced and I can’t find the right size in any store around here. I imagine I can find them online but I am not even sure what the size is. If I order online I can’t just bring the part into the store. Does anybody know the size and a good place to buy them?
Thank you,
Jim

http://www.amazon.com/Spears-Fitting-O-Ring-Schedule-Socket/dp/B00ALMIZJA/ref=sr_1_7?s=industrial&ie=UTF8&qid=1430682866&sr=1-7&keywords=1.5+inch+oring

Patrick_B

TFP Expert
LifeTime Supporter
Jun 7, 2011
Midland TX
I can't tell where you are, but I would suggest a place that sell irrigation/sprinkler supplies. Find one of those or hardware store that carries Spear, and you'll find one. There is a chance you'll have to buy a union and rob the seal.

Bama Rambler

Mod Squad
TFP Expert
Bronze Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
Jun 22, 2009
SouthWest Alabama
O-rings are usually measured by inside diameter and cross section size. To order online I'd measure the groove ID that the o-ring fits in and the cross section and match those as closely as possible.

jimmcg29

LifeTime Supporter
Mar 21, 2009
Lower West Michigan
Thanks guys. The manufacture emailed me back with O-ring: E-328 EPDM O-RING 1-7/8X2-1/4X3/16 . or BUNA O-RING 1-7/8X2-1/4X3/16 IDXODXW. I think I found it on Amazon so I will know in a couple days.