Need advice regarding my Green Swamp

Let's slow down :)

We often recommend taking a picture of the pool every day to notice improvement, over a few hours visual improvement is not going to be that dramatic.

Please read this a few more times. Pool School - SLAM - Shock Level And Maintain

And post a FC/CC test when you can. And a picture!

Mr Bruce, appreciate your help. I have read quite a bit and followed the advice in: Turning Your Green Swamp Back into a Sparking Oasis. That's why I'm questioning why the FC seems to not be falling..especially early on. I expected based on the article that things would develop more quickly!

Test results this morning:
FC - 44
CC - 1

Last night FC - 50

001.jpg002.jpg

That is still really high. Do not add any more chlorine until it goes below 31.

Some brief reminders:

- When the chlorine drops below 31, add enough to get it back to 31. Pool math!
- Scoop anything out you can. By the looks of that pool it had/has plenty of ... stuff.
- When you can't scoop out anymore, brush at least once a day. (I see the brush in first picture so :thumleft:)
- One of the biggest parts of a SLAM is Pool Owner Patience. It's going to take a while for that pool to clear up. Probably a couple weeks. Follow the SLAM article I posted (the "Turning Your Green Swamp Back into a Sparkling Oasis" is a great read but the SLAM article is a bit more succinct) and ask questions as they come up.

edit: Take the ladders out. They are likely filled with algae themselves and need to be scrubbed. Same with the pool light, when you can see it :)

Mr Bruce, appreciate your help. I have read quite a bit and followed the advice in: Turning Your Green Swamp Back into a Sparking Oasis. That's why I'm questioning why the FC seems to not be falling..especially early on. I expected based on the article that things would develop more quickly!

Test results this morning:
FC - 44
CC - 1

Last night FC - 50

View attachment 58771View attachment 58772
If your FC was 50ppm last night, and 44ppm this morning, it 'fell' 6ppm. I don't see why you think it is not falling? Consider yourself lucky that your FC is holding like that.

Also, stop dosing your FC so high, you are just taking life out of all the seals/o-rings/plastics in your system.

If your FC was 50ppm last night, and 44ppm this morning, it 'fell' 6ppm. I don't see why you think it is not falling? Consider yourself lucky that your FC is holding like that.

Also, stop dosing your FC so high, you are just taking life out of all the seals/o-rings/plastics in your system.

It was really yesterday after beginning SLAM in the morning that the FC did not drop at all over a 6 hour period that I was concerned. I then added 4 more jugs of cholorine in panic, hence my FC is so high now. Only after Mr. Bruce's message this morning did I test again and learn that it had fallen. I feel better now.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.