DFWTX
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool RJ-60 Plus
So the pool guy is telling us that the control panel we had installed in 2010 will not work with the new generation of Jandy SWG cells, so we are looking at having to replace the board (sorry if I don't have all the technical speak down correctly--I'm pretty clueless about electronics). We have experienced nothing but problems with Jandy (since 2011, thankfully while still under warranty) and want suggestions about replacing our system to not include Aquapure at all. We have a Pentair VS pump and Jandy DE filter and lights. Do we just skip the automation for the SWG and go with Circupool? Have been running pool with liquid chlorine for 3 years now, and really just use the automation for the lights and freeze protection. WWTFPD? (What would TFP do?)

Just curious on what did you decide and go with? I have a Jandy PLC1400 which is giving error and perhaps might need to get a new one. Also how did you go about swapping since the cell sizes are different? Appreciate any updates or inputs.

Just curious on what did you decide and go with? I have a Jandy PLC1400 which is giving error and perhaps might need to get a new one. Also how did you go about swapping since the cell sizes are different? Appreciate any updates or inputs.
Went with the RJ-60+ and skipped the automation. Have had it working for about 5 weeks now, and it really pumps out the CL! I run it at 20-25% and I still have over 8ppm CL consistently. Just need to figure out a way to build a shelter for the unit (wish there was an option to purchase one on discountpools).

Nice. Can you share pictures and how much $$ it costed? What do you mean you need to build a shelter? Is it not supposed to be in the open?
Circupool recommends to shield the controller from the elements to make it last longer. Mine is exposed to the southeast, but has a roof with a gutter system directly overhead, so it gets some protection. I paid my pool repair guy to install it, and purchased from discountsaltpool.

Attachments

• IMG_4454.jpg
    IMG_4454.jpg
    129.2 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_4453.jpg
    IMG_4453.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 6
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.