Neat PVC Ideas?

outbreak

Apr 23, 2013
Destin, Fl
Does anybody have any cool PVC ideas? Like for towel racks, furniture, games... It's pretty cheap and fun to play with. I saw some plans for a neat towel rack online, but they wanted $25. I could figure it out myself for that price!

jblizzle

Mod Squad
TFP Expert
LifeTime Supporter
May 19, 2010
Tucson, AZ
I am pretty sure there are entire websites and forums devoted to just that ... I have seen them before, but would have to search for them ... which you are surely capable of doing ;)

zea3

Mod Squad
TFP Expert
LifeTime Supporter
Jul 10, 2009
Houston, Texas
You can also do a google search at the bottom left of this page for any project you may be considering, such as a pool cooler, toy rack, whatever. Just search pvc towel rack (for example) and see what pops up! I do know there are a few diy pvc projects folks have posted in the past.

AimeeH

LifeTime Supporter
TFP Guide
Apr 2, 2012
Columbia SC
This thread inspired me to just google PVC ideas. I'm seeing PVC lounge chairs in my future. Since our pool build in 2011 we've never found patio furniture we wanted to buy (many admired but not feeling like it was in the budget). I happen to have about 20 10ft lengths of 3/4" PVC with lots of connectors. Towel rack is probably first but I'm seeing patio furniture in the near future.........saw a very impressive chicken coop out of PVC as well!! Who woulda thunk?

Somebody else said here on another thread "PVC is like tinker toys for adults" and it truly is. One little google search and I'm inspires :):)

Brentr

Gold Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
Oct 18, 2009
Jacksonville, FL
I made this towel rack

I salvaged the irrigation PVC when we built our pool and put it to some good use. We can't live without this . Don't need to spend any money for plans....:cheers: :cheers: :party: :whoot:

fallsdeep130

Jul 27, 2013
Brentr......great idea and thank you for the pics...people like me need pics..I have no imagination what so ever!!!

diyindux

Jul 6, 2013
How about some closeup pictures of the chairs? They look like they are made of pvc pipe and fittings too!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support

mas985

TFP Expert
LifeTime Supporter
May 3, 2007
Pleasanton, CA
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
Here is a towel rack I made:

P1000957.JPG

Thread Status
Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.