Nature 2/chlorine feeder question

docthebiker

Jul 18, 2010
Central Illinois
My pool actually came with this duo setup. I have a full understanding of the N2 and will more than likely not use it. The chlorine feeder portion actually is built to hold a chlorine cartridge. My question is...can I break up my 3" pucks to fit in this slot? Hopefully I will not have to keep buying the chlorine feeder cartridges...thanks in advance.

gqjeff

LifeTime Supporter
Jul 19, 2010
IL
Yes you can do that or buy the 1" tri chlor tabs. The cartridge is $12 per and if you buy the tabs and refill them its roughly $3 per fill.

docthebiker

Jul 18, 2010
Central Illinois
Thanks to you both...I will watch my CYA real close! The reason that I asked about the 3" pucks is I have a most of a container still full of them...and it looks like they are to big to fit...thus the put in a bag and tap with a hammer to bring them down to a workable size. Do either of you know how long the Chlorine cartridges can last? I know all pools are different...just looking for a very rough estimate under ideal chemistry setup. Thanks again in advance!

docthebiker

Jul 18, 2010
Central Illinois
Thanks Grape Ape...I actually still have a floater from my old pool...just not a fan of them. Sounds like I can put them in the feeder...if that does not work I will pull the floater out of retirement at least until I get through the rest of the 3 inch tabs...thanks again to all.

gqjeff

LifeTime Supporter
Jul 19, 2010
IL
Mine lasts 10 days or so and my dads lasts 6-7 days. He has a ton or swimmers almost daily with 17 grandkids..

Other Threads of Interest