N/B IG pool/spa/grotto/waterfall/slide start 7/26

Re: New build starting July 1st

The two that come with the ET are for the suction and return lines so that the pool/spa/spillway are automated. Any additional valve automation is going to require another valve actuator.

From the discharge of your waterfall pump, you'll need a three port valve that will adjust the flow from the slide and the waterfall returns. Another option would be to have a dedicated waterfall pump and an additional smaller pump just for the slide. Each pump would be on its own relay and controlled through the ET.

Pentair Clean and Clear 520 or Quad100

Pentair waterfall pump that suits the GPM you'll need for your features. The pumps you showed are all high head pressure pumps and will most likely be operating outside of their performance curve of used in a low head application(like your waterfall).

Pentair Clean and Clear 520 or Quad100

Pentair waterfall pump that suits the GPM you'll need for your features. The pumps you showed are all high head pressure pumps and will most likely be operating outside of their performance curve of used in a low head application(like your waterfall).

Thanks! I will be getting the quad 100. What's the difference between the 12v LED lights and the 120v LED LIGHTS? Do I need to get an intermatic timer switch?

If you are going with the EasyTouch then the light controller capabilities are built into the unit and nothing else is needed.

There is no difference between the 120v and 12v lights other than the voltage. 12v is potentially a small fraction safer but both have several safeguards built into them that would prevent electrocutions from occurring.

If it was me, I would do all Globrites instead of the more standard pool lights. Typical pool lights look dated; the recent trends are to use all nicheless lights.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support

Whats the two speed pump for?

Get the ET8 w/ IC60... small increase in price but well worth it. It will end up paying for itself by shortened pump run time.

Your plumbers or electricians should include the niches and first section of conduit. Are you sure you need to buy them?

I would choose the Raypak 406A over the MasterTemp...basically the same price but do a little searching around here and you'll find the Raypak is the most reliable unit. If I was to buy a heater tomorrow, that's what it would be.

The 12V lights require a transformer. Look into the Intermatic PX300.

Intermatic makes listed pool junction boxes. These should be part of the electrician's job. Are you sure you need to buy these?

Be sure that the cords for the lights are MORE than long enough to reach the location where the junction box(es) will be.

The valve should be Pentair diverter or Jandy Never-lube valves. These should be in the plumbing package. Why are you buying these?

I will contact my pool contractor about these issues. I told him that I thought I could save money by buying the pool equipment on my own, so he gave me a list and all of these things are on the list to buy. Ughhh! Maybe I should have let him do this.

Whats the two speed pump for?

Get the ET8 w/ IC60... small increase in price but well worth it. It will end up paying for itself by shortened pump run time.

Agreed The performance of these cells are based on usage 24 hours a day. If you want to only run the pump as little as is needed, the SWG needs to output more per min and that means a bigger cell. Many on this site have found that they can run their pump under 8 hours per day and some even much less than this. With a SWG, it is not producing chlorine unless the pump is running. Increasing the SWG output and reducing pump time will reduce your electricity need, increase your pump life and increase the time between cell replacement.

For example with a Daily FC demand of 3 PPM per day (most pools are between 2 and 4):

With the IC 40 you will need to run the pump/SWG for 8.6 hours at 100%.
With the IC 60 you will need to run the pump/SWG for 6.1 hours at 100%.

So, you will have to look at the difference in cost for the 40 vs 60, the additional run-time needed and compare that to the cost of electricity over a 5 year period for that additional run-time. Also, you will be running the pump about 30% more with the IC 40 and that would theoretically mean replacement sooner.

You can use this calculator to do some what if scenarios
Formula for SWG / Pump Runtime?

I understand what you guys are saying, but the difference of $300 means giving up other things in my backyard. I need to really think about this. Can I replace the IC40 for the IC60 when it needs to be replaced?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a pump that sends water to the waterfall and the slide. The slide gets only a small amount of water. I used to have an actuator so I can change the amount of water going to the waterfall ( I could make it pour over a lot or just a little). But I took the actuator off because the actuator only permitted me to have two options for water to the waterfall and it was annoying. Now I just control the amount of water to the waterfall manually ( although I don't change it much). I think i could have kept the actuator on and simply bypassed it when I wanted to make a manual change but I wasn't sure how to do that.

I might need more on this later.
It's easy to manually toggle the actuators. You can also adjust the internal cams so the actuator stops at whatever location you'd like the valve to rotate.

- - - Updated - - -

First day of excavation! I was so sad because I had to go to work, but my husband ran home for lunch to check out the outline and make some corrections. It's starting to feel real. Should I be so nervous?

Library Slideshow by brandyanncampbell | Photobucket

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.