My WaterPots (fountains) are dry

utell

Bronze Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
Apr 22, 2011
I have some water pot that are on a separate single speed pump. The pump runs these and a bubbler.

They used to always have water in them however now they are always dry see the picture

59cb4edc85af9e4a05c163ff68ed4b0f.jpg

Running
b51c56de758c3a2c91cf96ef242e4f12.jpg

After running
047b88acbde24c7e74b5ef5b0abfb3a8.jpg

Could it be a leak?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Are you sure you don't have a valve turned off somewhere there?

If it were a leak....hmmmm... do you see any water going thru the pump at all? Is the pump functioning normally? Any wet areas of the yard or in line with the pipes for them?

Do you have an automatic filler? Or are you noticing a loss in water that is requiring replacement?

<scratching my head on this one>

Yip :flower:

I have three scuppers (mini water falls) that have their own dedicated valves that can
be turned on or off and change the amount of water that flows from them. I agree with
Yippee, check to see if valve(s) are all in the on position. If you have a pool service, maybe
they turned them off?

utell,

Are you saying that they run ok with the pump on, but when you turn the pump off they no longer have water in them? Or, are you saying that they no longer run at all.

If they run ok, but bleed back into the pool, then I would suspect a bad check valve..

Jim R.

Thanks all. I do not think it is a leak.

My valve position have not changed at all. Sounds like it might be a check valve. Where might they put a check valve?

It is probably better they drain back into the pool. I now have less squirrels drinking out of them and birds playing in them I was more curious as too why after 5 years this started happening.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.