My water is more on the greener side

Sep 11, 2013
Cocoa, fl
Hi all, I maintain my pool myself and was wondering why my water is more on the green side rather than blue.. It's always been like that since I've owned it and my chemicals are are always balanced.

I'm thinking its from the beach like finish of my pool vs. a white finish. But I ,m not sure so I figured I'd ask the experts.

Again all chemicals are balanced. No algae

Hi like cfherrman says, please post test results and kit that you are using to get results. We can't help you unless we see some of your water tests :cheers:

I use the tfp test kit 100 or 150 ..something like that.. I'm sure it's not the ballance I have been doing it a long time per tfp guidelines . But next go round I will post some results. Last results were CH 3.5, PH 7.2, calcium hardness 320, cya 75, salt 2800

I use the tfp test kit 100 or 150 ..something like that.. I'm sure it's not the ballance I have been doing it a long time per tfp guidelines . But next go round I will post some results. Last results were CH 3.5, PH 7.2, calcium hardness 320, cya 75, salt 2800

Hi Todd are you sure CH is 3.5:confused: Then that's a problem.

CH meaning chlorine. Yes 3.5

Your FC is too low. I like to keep mine on the high side like 10. What is your CC? If it is greater than 0.25 I would SLAM as you are starting to get algae. I am not an expert but hopefully others will chime in. Also it would make it easier if you can post your results like this.
FC -
CC -
TC -
pH -
T/A -
CH -
CYA -
Temp -
SWG -
Hope this helps:cheers:

Guys,

The OP has a saltwater pool... Per this chart [FC/CYA][/FC/CYA] his minimum FC is 3...

Todd,

The color of the plaster has a great effect on what the water color 'appears' to be... That said... now is the time to double check and make sure there is nothing in the water...

If this were my pool, I would run an Overnight Chlorine Loss Test, just to make sure... See this...Overnight Chlorine Loss Test

Thanks,

Jim R.

Guys,

The OP has a saltwater pool... Per this chart [FC/CYA][/FC/CYA] his minimum FC is 3...

Todd,

The color of the plaster has a great effect on what the water color 'appears' to be... That said... now is the time to double check and make sure there is nothing in the water...

If this were my pool, I would run an Overnight Chlorine Loss Test, just to make sure... See this...Overnight Chlorine Loss Test

Thanks,

Jim R.

Thanks I will try that.. I am 99 percent my ballance is not the issue. Going to get everything exactly where it should be this weekend but my water has always been more greenish than blueish from the begging of time. Is there a additive to make it bluer or is it better to leave it alone like I have been for years and years. I just see some pools with that blue color and was wondering why mine ain't.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thanks I will try that.. I am 99 percent my ballance is not the issue. Going to get everything exactly where it should be this weekend but my water has always been more greenish than blueish from the begging of time. Is there a additive to make it bluer or is it better to leave it alone like I have been for years and years. I just see some pools with that blue color and was wondering why mine ain't.

The only "additive" I can think of would be to re-plaster your pool... ;)

Thanks,

Jim R.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.