My username says it all :)

May 28, 2020
NJ
Hello everyone! I live in Northern NJ and have an inground vinyl liner pool, vermiculite bottom.

I moved into the house in 2014 and had the pool surface cleaned and the liner replaced at that time, along with new returns, filter etc.

Since then, I have had 1 year where I was able to open the pool with out issues.

I haven't had any chemical balance issues, the filter and pump are OK, the issue is with the liner. Constant leaks, numerous pool openings where 1/2 the water was out.

Had the liner replaced AGAIN in December 2019. We opened the pool a month ago...and...pool was 1/2 filled.

Liner is under warranty but I've lost a month waiting for the replacement. (should be this coming week).

I'm at wits end with this, everyone I speak to in our neighborhood, whether its a liner or gunite pool never has these consistent and persistent issues.

I'm wondering if a fiberglass sprayon conversion might be a solution here to stop these consistent issues..

Looking for reputable servicers that could give me quotes or advice etc. Help!! :) All I want is to be able to know that my pool will open full on a consistent basis!

Texas Splash

Mod Squad
TFP Expert
LifeTime Supporter
Welcome to TFP! :wave: Well, it sounds as though you've been through the ringer. But on this intro thread you probably won't get much bites. I would suggest you start a new thread in the Under COnstruction sub-forum. Give it a title about "Leak Prevention" or "NJ Builder Help" or something like that. Hopefully members from your area can help give you some tips. But it is odd that you keep losing water like that. Is the liner tearing in the same place? If it's stopping halfway, it sounds like there's a leak at the light or plumbing going back to the pool (return jets). Maybe the steel shell has something protruding through? Anyways, post back and hopefully the forum can help.

Newdude

Jun 16, 2019
NY
Welcome CPI. Sorry its under these circumstances but this forum, alot like my job as a repair person, pretty much only gets new people when they need help. Help with problems, or help planning a new project. Very few people just show up who had no need to be searching us out. At work, the customer across the street never comes over to tell me how awsome their service is, but if it isnt so great and they see me..... they're coming over to talk for sure.

Lucky for you, we have oodles of people here who not only want to help, but rather quite enjoy helping. You are in good hands going foward.

From your story above, i would be replacing the liner replacers with the next liner. A properly installed liner should have no problems. Even great installers are human and may be off one day...... but several times ? Thats on them and clearly they have no business in the business.

Like TX splash said above, post any questions or concerns and we have lots of folks to chime in.

May 28, 2020
NJ
Welcome to TFP! :wave: Well, it sounds as though you've been through the ringer. But on this intro thread you probably won't get much bites. I would suggest you start a new thread in the Under COnstruction sub-forum. Give it a title about "Leak Prevention" or "NJ Builder Help" or something like that. Hopefully members from your area can help give you some tips. But it is odd that you keep losing water like that. Is the liner tearing in the same place? If it's stopping halfway, it sounds like there's a leak at the light or plumbing going back to the pool (return jets). Maybe the steel shell has something protruding through? Anyways, post back and hopefully the forum can help.
Thanks for the advice! I'll do that!

May 28, 2020
NJ
Welcome CPI. Sorry its under these circumstances but this forum, alot like my job as a repair person, pretty much only gets new people when they need help. Help with problems, or help planning a new project. Very few people just show up who had no need to be searching us out. At work, the customer across the street never comes over to tell me how awsome their service is, but if it isnt so great and they see me..... they're coming over to talk for sure.

Lucky for you, we have oodles of people here who not only want to help, but rather quite enjoy helping. You are in good hands going foward.

From your story above, i would be replacing the liner replacers with the next liner. A properly installed liner should have no problems. Even great installers are human and may be off one day...... but several times ? Thats on them and clearly they have no business in the business.

Like TX splash said above, post any questions or concerns and we have lots of folks to chime in.
Thanks NewDude. I'm going to post this as well in the other forum (as advised above). The problem is, as I stated, I cannot find a company I can trust. When I first moved in to the house, I got bad advice from the first 3 pool companies I tried. My challenge is finding a trustworthy, reputable company.

Reactions: Newdude