My pool water turned green. Help

Apr 22, 2017
Yuma, Az
We are fairly new pools owners, just bought our home in Az last summer.
We cleaned the pool, it's 36k gallons, added in Algaecide and liquid chlorine, and everything was perfect for three days and I go out today and the water is greenish blue. No idea what to do

Welcome to TFP!!! Join the party :party: and swim along with us :swim:

So do you have test results for your pool? Are you testing the pool?

We strongly prefer you do the testing yourself with one of the recommended test kits, The TF-100 or the K-2006.

Both Aglaecide and liquid chlorine are consumables. And Aglaecide is not an approved sanitizer for your pool. You need to maintain a consistent level of chlorine. I suggest your start with reading Pool School - Pool School

Welcome! :wave:

First thing... do NOT go to the pool store with a water sample. The most likely result is that you'll spend $300 on chemicals and be no closer to clear.

A few questions:
  • is the pool murky and/or olive-green, or is it clear but a beautiful emerald green?
  • Do you have any kind of test kit?
  • Can you find the algaecide bottle and tell us what it say the active ingredients are?
  • How have you been chlorinating it?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.