My pool is cloudy!!!

Ok...I have my kit. My water is clear!!!! These were the readings today. Suggestions for adjusting chemicals?

FC-11.5 It has been 5 days since I shocked and the level is still high. We are running our SWG 16 hrs per day at 50%---Should we start running it less time?

CC-0 (yea!!)

TC-11.5

TA-100 slightly out of range-should I adjust it? If so how?

CYA-30 Now that CC is 0, I should add cyanuric acid right?

Thank you for all of your help!!! No more pool store!

Your TA is fine where it is unless you are having problems with the PH rising. If the PH is constantly going up you might want to lower TA.

Yes, time to turn down the percentage on your SWG.

CYA should be around 70 for use with a SWG.

Congratulations...it sounds like you are there. If you want to be absolutely sure you could do an overnight FC loss test (you have to turn off the SWCG to do this).

Other than that, yes it is time to turn down the SWCG and add enough CYA to get to 70.

SWCG's tend to cause pH to rise. The higher the TA, the faster this will happen. To lower high pH you add muriatic acid, which will also lower TA slightly. Over time your TA will get down to a level where you pH is more stable (60-70 probably). You can expedite this process, but it is not necessary. There is a pool school article about lowering total alkalinity.

Should we keep running the SWG 16 hrs at a lower % or leave it at 50% for less time?

The pH has been pretty stable since I quit trying to raise the TA due to the bad advice from the pool store, so I am not going to monkey with the TA.

I will add CYA and ENJOY MY POOL!

Thanks so much to all of you for the good advice! I am happy to have my sparkly water back! I will recommend you to all my friends with pools!

Just to emphasize...
tonight, turn OFF the swg and do an overnight FC loss test of the FC. So take a test tonight after sunset, and then compare it to a FC test first thing in the morning before the sun hits the pool.

If your FC holds overnight you can raise your CYA, let the FC drop down to normal and then turn the swg back on (but dial down the setting.)

Congrats :)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.