My pool cleaner is not working despite correct suction by pump!

Ibolivarc

Sep 7, 2020
SAnDiego
Hello,
Just purchased a house that has a 35k gl with intelliflow 1.5 hp pump and a 2wheel suction-side poolcleaner by Poolvergnuegen. Its a salt-based system. My problem is that pumps are working fine, suction seems fine by the wheels of the poolcleaner are not moving. Got it out and seems nothing is broken and suction on the watergate (when I test by using my palm) actually hurts a bit from the suction power. This system doesnt have a regulator valve, has 9 sections of hose and the two floats.
Can someone help?

I have seen this but do not have one. I know you can test the suction by counting the rotation of the wheels. it should be between 11-13 RPM. I assume you are using a direct suction line based on your comment that you put your hand on the watergate (the watergate is not needed if going through the skimmer). That hookup requires the regulator valve unless you have a ball valve on the line (probably at the equipment pad) to regulate the flow. Maybe you can confirm which you have - if you are using your regulator then ensure the ball valve (if you have that) is full open. Also, there are some vanes on the inside - ensure that is clear. Hope this helps in starting your troubleshooting.

I have seen this but do not have one. I know you can test the suction by counting the rotation of the wheels. it should be between 11-13 RPM. I assume you are using a direct suction line based on your comment that you put your hand on the watergate (the watergate is not needed if going through the skimmer). That hookup requires the regulator valve unless you have a ball valve on the line (probably at the equipment pad) to regulate the flow. Maybe you can confirm which you have - if you are using your regulator then ensure the ball valve (if you have that) is full open. Also, there are some vanes on the inside - ensure that is clear. Hope this helps in starting your troubleshooting.
Thanks for quick reply.
it doesnt move at all.
yes its direct suction line with no regulator valve and no ball valve is on the line, just the simple 9 piece hose.
that is why is some confusing

Thanks for quick reply.
it doesnt move at all.
yes its direct suction line with no regulator valve and no ball valve is on the line, just the simple 9 piece hose.
that is why is some confusing
Like others have said - time to disassembly it. Also, you need to consider using a regulator or a valve to control the suction force.
I found the manual for it - I think - see attached - so you can review it.

Attachments

• PoolCleanerSUCTION.pdf
    3.8 MB · Views: 7
Like others have said - time to disassembly it. Also, you need to consider using a regulator or a valve to control the suction force.
Thanks
Already disassembled and looks like it was no obstruction. Thing is that turning the wheels is quite hard even by hand so I believe it’s why it doesn’t move despite good suction.
Any idea why is so hard to turn?

Have you tried turning any valves at the pool equipment? You said there is nothing on the pool vacuum house. The valve would be where the pump and filter are. Posting a pic of your equipment may help. You also need a certain amount of suction to get it to move. I would start with your valves at the equipment to make sure everything is adjusted properly. Post up some pics.

Got that done and nothing. What I have realized is that suction is not constant. Pretty variable. That’s not normal. What can I do then ? Backwash?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.