My Pool after a long stretch of record breaking heat.

WestSidePool

Jun 14, 2009
Cincinnati, OH
The 100+ degree heat has finally ended in our area, so I thought I would share how my pool looked on the final day of it.

Yes we jumped in right after I took the pictures.

As always, thanks for the help and support from everyone on TFP.

linen

TFP Expert
LifeTime Supporter
Jul 30, 2010
Twin Cities, MN
Looks great westside :cheers: Our break in temps came a day before yours...isn't it nice :whoot:

Having a pool sure made this incredibly long hot streak more bearable.

Mesamav

Jul 16, 2011
Mesa Arizona
I'm in Mesa Arizona. Temps of 105 and above are normal for 3+ months of the year. It's supposed to be 112 for the next few days. Woohoo!
I wouldn't know what to do with myself if I didn't have a crystal clear pool. I'd be huddled inside all day by the A/C outlet. Not my idea of having fun.
Thank goodness for the pool and you guys that show me how to take care of it correctly.

linen

TFP Expert
LifeTime Supporter
Jul 30, 2010
Twin Cities, MN
Yeah, the humidity was bad. I was helping a friend with his pool install and we were getting out of his air-conditioned van when the blast furnace hit me...my glasses fogged over as bad as they a ever have even when compared to coming inside in the winter (when it is below 0 outside).

Mesamav

Jul 16, 2011
Mesa Arizona
WestSidePool said:
Mesamav said:
I'm in Mesa Arizona. Temps of 105 and above are normal for 3+ months of the year. It's supposed to be 112 for the next few days. Woohoo!
Is it a dry heat?
With the humidity we had here, it was absolutely miserable.
Actually it is a dry heat. Even though the temps indicate it's a blast furnace, it really isn't bad, specially with a pool.
On the 4th of July we had a temp of about 91 but with 70% humidity. I thought I was going to die. I'll take 110 with 5% or 10% humidity any day over the lower temps with high humidity.

jblizzle

Mod Squad
TFP Expert
LifeTime Supporter
May 19, 2010
Tucson, AZ
I grew up in IL and definitely agree it is nice not to be wet just standing outside even though the temp might be 10-20 degrees higher.

Just starting the worst part of the year ... "monsoons" ... when the temps are still high and the humidity shoots up. Not uncommon to see 20+ degree temperature drop when the storms come in and the rains start though.

Speedo

LifeTime Supporter
May 4, 2011
During the heat... it was probably about 100-102 when this was taken.

Most of the time I think of how nice a longer swim season would be in a place with dry heat. I'm thinking with the humidity we just had our 100+ degree days were worse than the average 105-110 in TX or AZ, etc.

Mesamav

Jul 16, 2011
Mesa Arizona
Speedo said:
During the heat... it was probably about 100-102 when this was taken.

Most of the time I think of how nice a longer swim season would be in a place with dry heat. I'm thinking with the humidity we just had our 100+ degree days were worse than the average 105-110 in TX or AZ, etc.
I totally agree. I moved from Oregon last summer and even though it didn't get hot there very often, it was very humid. A 80 degree day with 90% humidity was almost unbearable. Here in Az. a dry 105 is actually a very comfortable day. 110 or even 112 with a pool close by is wonderful.
I work around the yard, get a little warm, take a dip and I'm good to go for another hour or so.
Here in Arizona, the swim season for me lasts from mid-March to hopefully sometime around November. I do have solar heaters though so that helps a lot as well.
If I didn't have a pool, I don't know how well I'd like the heat around here but a pool makes all the difference in the world.

DKT113

Jun 28, 2012
Butler, PA
My Grandma's sister lived in Santa Fe, NM she had heat, but a dry heat. When she would come to PA to visit although the temps were a lower most of the time, she would have liked to of died with our humidity. She did not care for PA summers at all.

I know when I took water samples to 2 places yesterday long lines were formed and everyone is having water problems because of the heatwave here locally that just broke.
I have been fighting the heatwave and massive landscaping (dust flying all over the place ~ looks like a wild west movie when we are out there) with my new install ~ so needless to say my pool after record breaking heat didn't fair as well as yours, but I am now officially on the road to clear water (test kit ordered) BBB method is being implemented.

Yours sure held up well!