My patio prettification....

clambert1273

Gold Supporter
Jun 13, 2013
Gilbert, AZ
Not really an "oasis" but for now it's ours lol I decided that this year, I wanted to redo what little area we have and make it more inviting. Ignore the rug on the fence lol This is how it looks today and I will update this thread all weekend as I will be working all weekend on it :)

This is the area corner that leads to the side yard. We will be closing that gate to give us room and keep the dogs contained in the side area lol

This is literally the only "patio" area we have so it is not that large. The safety fence will come down and is only there to keep our 13yo rescue GSD from falling in.

Another angle of our area lol

I will update as I go and keep it with pictures :) I am always open to ideas lol I bought a lot of stuff already and will be redoing the patio furniture as well. Keep in mind, I am limited as we rent so I can't do what I want or what I would do if it was mine LOL

YippeeSkippy

Mod Squad
LifeTime Supporter
Jan 17, 2012
Evans, Georgia
Oh darn, you're renting. My very first thought was how pretty a nice wrought iron gate would look in place of that white door. Something like this:

gate gi0021 page

When I see those cinderblock fences used out west, I often wonder if people ever paint them with murals or something?

clambert1273

Gold Supporter
Jun 13, 2013
Gilbert, AZ
Yup... Renting lol My friends and I actually talked about a beach mural in the back fence and since my cousin is an artist labor would be cheap :D

My landlord is pretty cool and would probably let us do a mural as long as we put it back when moving.

I am limited by area lol but I do love having the concrete privacy fence lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

clambert1273

Gold Supporter
Jun 13, 2013
Gilbert, AZ
So far.. Pics included of course

Deck box, umbrella stand, trashcan etc...

Fence down and weeds pulled :)

Got this corner all cleaned out and weeds pull, I want to try and put a "door" there to store floats and misc stuff

This is biggest area we have so will be arranging this soon :)

kimkats

Mod Squad
LifeTime Supporter
Jul 10, 2012
Tallahassee, FL
Hey it is 11am some where! LOL

Kim

- - - Updated - - -

Look at these ideas for float and toy storage ideas. I like the idea of "over the wall" idea with PVC.

Kim

YippeeSkippy

Mod Squad
LifeTime Supporter
Jan 17, 2012
Evans, Georgia
Would you be pressure washing the cement decking? When Skippy does ours it is always so amazing looking (even when before I didn't really think it needed any)

clambert1273

Gold Supporter
Jun 13, 2013
Gilbert, AZ
Would you be pressure washing the cement decking? When Skippy does ours it is always so amazing looking (even when before I didn't really think it needed any)
Nope, no pressure washing but we will spray it and probably put some bleach water down and scrub with the push broom...

We are well underway now lol and the sun is finally out!!

duraleigh

Admin
Mod Squad
TFP Expert
Platinum Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
In The Industry
Apr 1, 2007
Sebring, Florida
What an industrious person you are, clambert! I am excited with every pic and follow along with all your posts. Very nice work!

With Y/S and KK helping you, you have some of the finest spenders on the internet in your corner. :shock:

clambert1273

Gold Supporter
Jun 13, 2013
Gilbert, AZ
Haha not really industrious just have to work with what I have :) So this is the result of today's effort

This was super dirty and canvas [emoji17] so I used a laundry bar to clean it up!

I incorporated child labor lol

And finally got somewhat of a set up going!

clambert1273

Gold Supporter
Jun 13, 2013
Gilbert, AZ
Well here we are approaching my clean up time in Feb/Mar lol I will say lots have changed around the pool area last year including that horrible spa being filled in [emoji106][emoji106] which leaves us with way more space! The old pool equipment housing also collapsed (was very old) so we broke that down and got rid of it. The heater was completely fixed AND we had a valve installed that allows me to finally backwash which is really helpful with all the rain right now lol thank goodness my landlord listens to my requests!!!

So I figured I would just do my updates in the same post.. keeping it tidy. Soon, hopefully starting end of Feb/beginning March, I will begin a whole other "beautification" episode for the outdoors. I have lots of plans in my head that I need to complete on paper [emoji23][emoji23] Will check back soon after the rain lets up and put up some current pics which will not be so pretty :)