Round Rock, TX
FC 5
CC 0
TC 5
PH 7.7
TA 80
CH 575
CYA 50

The only thing I think I need to do is increase my CYA to ~70 for my AutoPilot. Does that sound about right?

BTW I've had the AutoPilot for ~1 month now and absolutely love it! I have to add acid every two week, but that is not bad.

thanks,
dave

JasonLion

TFP Expert
Platinum Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
May 7, 2007
Silver Spring, MD
Your numbers look fairly good. Your CH is a little high, so you don't want to let the PH get up to 8.0 (or above) or you could potentially have scaling. Keeping the PH below 8.0 is a good idea anyway, so not a big deal. Other than that, raise the CYA just a little and you will be all set.

lovingHDTV

LifeTime Supporter
May 25, 2007
Round Rock, TX
I add acid when PH gets to 7.8. Looks like next week will be time. It is about every 2-3 weeks.

Unfortionately, the water is really hard here. My CH after going through the water filter is 200. I will always be fighting this :)

I puts some tricholr tab in to a floater to raise the CYA as they are left over from before my SWG.

thanks,
dave

G

With your CH as high as it is I would considering dropping the TA to about 60 ppm. Not letting the pH get too high is an excellent idea. One other thing you might want to consider is adding a scale inhibitor such as Jack's Magic Purple Stuff. It might help prevent scale deposts on the cell. Be sure and check the cell on a regular basis for scale!

lovingHDTV

LifeTime Supporter
May 25, 2007
Round Rock, TX
I checked my cell this week as it had been close to a month of operation and it looked just like it did when it was installed. Nothing on it at all. I was surprised, but I intentionally bought the SC48 for my 15k pool so that I could run it on low. Not sure if that makes a difference, but the pricing was not much different. I currently run it on power 1 at 40% for 8 hours each night.

Thanks for the suggestions!